Hacking How to update from 3.2E

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys

I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey2 in it and on 3.2E. I also have the HBC installed. Now i did this like 5-6 months ago..

I want to update to latest Firmware and have all hacks installed. Can anyone tell me what all I need to do to come up to speed??

Thanks and regards..

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah your guide works as well. I just didn't want to link to more than one.
wink.gif

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Update through a normal Nintendo update, then follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I was following this guide.. but I got stuck here in the offline method..

QUOTEGo to Wii Options, Data Management, Channels, SD card, yes to load the boot.dol.
Install HBC
Install DVDx
Install Bootmii as an IOS and Boot2 [if possible]

When I load boot.dol HBC is installed.. now how to install dvdx and bootmii as mentioned??

bit confused how to follow the guide.. plz help!!!

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That boot.dol should have been the hackmii installer, unless the guide you're using was screwed up a bit, and should have options to install the homebrew channel, dvdx, and bootmii. You should have had to choose Install Homebrew Channel as 1 of those 3 options to install it.

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lonegreyride said:
That boot.dol should have been the hackmii installer, unless the guide you're using was screwed up a bit, and should have options to install the homebrew channel, dvdx, and bootmii. You should have had to choose Install Homebrew Channel as 1 of those 3 options to install it.

i downloaded the files mentioned there..

the boot just installed HBC automatically.. is there another guide I can follow?? or someone has the files i need for that guide??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know. Did noobs just get stupider or something? I mean it's not hard at all to follow mine or deviyl's guide at all. Whats the problem guys? Cant read plain English?

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit it is a zoo of guides, and when you start searching is when it gets extremely confusing. Good thing the stickied guides are up to date for the most part.

3.2 isn't as golden as it once was anymore, and with all the advancements, even if you straight up upgraded to 4.1, you'd still be in good shape.

Buuut, for what it's worth, maybe it'd be a great idea to just install the latest hackmii, so you can use bootmii to fully backup a 3.2 state in case the day ever comes when people will want to go flocking back..

and since you're on 3.2 still, you should be able to just straight up install waninkoko cios38rev14 (ios249), along with hermes 38+37/38+60 to 222/223 if you have guitar heroes/rockbands you want to do.

they coexist happily.

dop-ios can update all your ioses and trucha bug them all, which is nice!

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A.
Press A again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

I dont have a GC controller for this.. how do i do it with the normal Wii stick? my wiimote dies on the screen no response..

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do you already have the latest version of hbc?

make sure you're getting the latest hackmii. or if you downgrade to an older hbc, it should tell you there's a new update and go the hackmii route.

with that, you install the newest hbc, bootmii, and dvdx.

Install as boot2, since that's really where it's really useful. You won't need to use a GC controller, just the power and reset buttons on the wii itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw