How to update a softmodded wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raylgo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. raylgo
    OP

raylgo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2007
    It's been more than 6 years since I touched my wii and honestly I forgot all the stuff I did to it before... It has homebrew channel, and is able to play backups from a hard drive (which crashed to the ground due to a hyperactive dog) , and I was able to install dlc and other stuff like gradius and r type, and ocarina of time...

I seem to remember using a simple program to install everything in the wii but I've completely forgotten. Most of the stuff I did to it happened way before medschool started and I didn't have enough space in my brain to remember...

I also recall having to use a special program to write the isos into the hard drive on my windows xp desktop (It was that long ago...) which has long died on me.

So now, I revived my wii and now that there's time and space to play, I want to know how to update it. First off, I don't know what I did so is there some way to find out? And we can go from there...

It's currently on 4.1 U. I don't even know what program I used to write the games. And I need to buy a new hard drive for it too. Do I have to reformat a hard drive for the wii?

I've been reading beginner guides but I don't even know what my wii has on it...

2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    There's a noob-proof thing called Modmii that can do pretty much everything you ask it to do.

http://modmii.comuf.com/

Last edited by osm70, Jan 17, 2017
  3. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    You can also run a Syscheck to see what you have in your Wii. Take the one in my signature...

4. raylgo
    OP

raylgo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2007
    Alright I'll try doing modmii first. Then the syscheck. Modmii doesn't care if a console was already modded right?

5. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!

Yep, no problems for this...