How to unhack a 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DarkOrb, Aug 5, 2017.

1. DarkOrb
    OP

DarkOrb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hey,

I hacked the 3DS of my little brother with a9lh and Luma3DS. Now he got paranoid because the banwave and want me to unhack his 3DS. Is there any way to do so?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Removing A9LH is a very bad idea. Nintendo might already have him flagged to be banned if/when there's another banwave, even if you remove A9LH now. If you remove A9LH now and then get banned later, you will have no way to unban the 3DS if/when that happens. To minimize your risk of a ban while retaining the ability to unban yourself in case you do get banned, you should follow these steps if you have not already done so:
    It is also recommended that you follow this guide to update from A9LH to B9S. This is required in order to be able to use newer versions of Luma3DS: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 5, 2017
    Tomato Hentai, DarkOrb and Quantumcat like this.
  3. DarkOrb
    OP

DarkOrb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2013
    Gambia, The
    That's a very fair point. But the problem is, my brother really want to get rid of this hack. It's stupid I know, but he will accept the possibility to have an unfixable lifetime ban. I can't think of a good reason why, but he's very serious about it.

So, again, I have to ask. Is there a way to unhack his 3DS.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you're set on removing A9LH, you can use SafeA9LHInstaller to do it. All illegitimate titles, such as FBI, freeShop, pirated games, etc. will no longer work.

5. SANIC

SANIC GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Welp he's gonna end up losing his stuff and no way to unban

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Also don't forget to tell him he is risking a brick (if he is uninstalling not restoring a pre-a9lh NAND backup) if he modified any system titles.