Hacking How to unbrick using A9LH?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "update"? Updating the SysNAND's firmware, updating AuReiNand, or updating A9LH itself?

I already have A9LH with updated SysNAND and AuReiNand, so knowing which of the three is the most dangerous to mess with would be helpful.

A9LH is the one you shouldn't touch once it's installed unless it's crucial

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I know that?
It's not did yet because my N3DS is sent to repair, but once back I want install A9LH and have a "Priiloader 3DS" using what I said
Sent to repair : still? (my 3DS only taken 1 week, 03/11 to 03/17....) Whatever, the only way to corrupt firm0/firm1 is writing on it (blocked by aureinand), so... with godmod9 you can brick your 3ds. How to know if your firm0/firm1 partition is corrupted? It's simple: your 3DS don't boot (like a hardbrick).

Last edited by RealityNinja,
Reactions: astronautlevel

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still.
Actually, I got it back yesterday (09/03 - 23/03), but I re-sent it, because I have always the same problem on the upsceen...

You can see the problem before (clean):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/08/1456345291-before.png

And after (color problem):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/08/1456345294-after.png

Ok, so A9LH + AuReiNand is really safe?
Even if I brick, I can unbrick once A9LH is installed?
I use my gateway just for cheats.
Yes it's really safe. I have it right now and it works great. It only goes bad if you corrupt firm0/1, but that's hard to do if you just do normal things like installing cias and playing games.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still.
Actually, I got it back yesterday (09/03 - 23/03), but I re-sent it, because I have always the same problem on the upsceen...

You can see the problem before (clean):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/08/1456345291-before.png

And after (color problem):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/08/1456345294-after.png
OK, that's really weird. As for me, they change the upper screen, and now, the colors are a little bit more yellow than the bottom screen... (I don't re-send it because i fear nintendo will release an update next monday to block downgrade...)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And what can corrupt firm0/1?

Even if I play with my SysNand (like install some CIA to NAND), and fullbrick it, or a blue screen of death (BOOTROM) I can recover?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And what can corrupt firm0/1?

Even if I play with my SysNand (like install some CIA to NAND), and fullbrick it, or a blue screen of death (BOOTROM) I can recover?
You can't recover from a blue screen of death because it's happen before a9lh (blue screen of death generally means the console doesn't manage to access the nand, where a9lh is stored...)
Fullbrick : only if you didn't mess up with firm0/firm1. With godmod9, you can easily hardbrick your 3ds for fun ^^.
If you failed to install/update a9lh : hardbrick. But with safea9lhinstaller, there are securities...

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, that's really weird. As for me, they change the upper screen, and now, the colors are a little bit more yellow than the bottom screen... (I don't re-send it because i fear nintendo will release an update next monday to block downgrade...)
Yeah, still sent for 2 weeks again, I feel...
I #PrayForMyN3DSXL ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, shit.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Balerion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...can i flash a 9.2 backup to a 10.7 sysnand? If so, why couldn't people with 9.2 backups downgrade this way before a9lh without a hardmod?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...can i flash a 9.2 backup to a 10.7 sysnand? If so, why couldn't people with 9.2 backups downgrade this way before a9lh without a hardmod?
You need to be on 9.2 in order to edit the nand. 10.7 is only a arm11 sploit so you can only install and delete cias.

Reactions: Balerion

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
(Images stolen from my previous tutorial)
With a traditional MenuHax CFW coldboot setup, the system boots sysNAND before loading MenuHax and entering CFW, so if sysNAND is dead then MenuHax can't run and it's no longer possible to enter the Homebrew Launcher to load recovery tools:

image.png

But with A9LH, tools can be loaded before sysNAND even starts up, which means that it's possible to open Decrypt9 and restore a backup in case of broken sysNAND because sysNAND doesn't need to start first:

image.png

A9LH will rely on FIRM0/1, however CFWs like AuReiNAND protect FIRM0/1 from being overwritten, which means that so long as you have AuReiNAND set up and don't deliberately poke around these FIRMs, you'll be safe from bricking or losing A9LH, even after updating sysNAND.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With a traditional MenuHax CFW coldboot setup, the system boots sysNAND before loading MenuHax and entering CFW, so if sysNAND is dead then MenuHax can't run and it's no longer possible to enter the Homebrew Launcher to load recovery tools:

But with A9LH, tools can be loaded before sysNAND even starts up, which means that it's possible to open Decrypt9 and restore a backup in case of broken sysNAND because sysNAND doesn't need to start first:

A9LH will rely on FIRM0/1, however CFWs like AuReiNAND protect FIRM0/1 from being overwritten, which means that so long as you have AuReiNAND set up and don't deliberately poke around these FIRMs, you'll be safe from bricking or losing A9LH, even after updating sysNAND.
Thanks!

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this is sweet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)