Hacking How To: Successfully Remove PreLoader on 4.1

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the GUIDE only for 4.1 SM as the title says. My Wii's are on 4.0U, I am planning to remove preloader on the Wii that has Bootmii on boot2 and keep the preloader on the other Wii (the one with Bootmii as an IOS). Maybe I can do the same and just download the 4.0 SM rather than the 4.1 on the GUIDE?? Or is it better to upgrade it to 4.1?

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just put 4.1 in the title because I can verify it works, having tested myself. However, the only difference really, will be the system menu wad. So long as correct one is downloaded, don't see why the rest wouldn't apply.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need preloader to run a Japanese game... unless startpatch does that too? Anyone have problems loading a Ghostbusters backup from disc channel using startpatch? I finally found out what hack to turn off to get it running with preloader installed...

gwib

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have some doubts:

-Disabling preloader hacks before removing it will work as fine as unig the NAND cleaner after reinstalling IOS60?

-If I don't deactivate the preloader's hacks and installed again the IOS60, will the hacks work anyway (even with preloader off my IOS60)?

gwib

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
----- Sorry, pressed F5.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: