Hacking How to start AKAIO directly without Start-Screen

Kermit00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe it's a dumb question: When I switch on my NDS lite with my new Acekard2i, the Start-Screen "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" appears. How can I boot directly to AKAIO-menu without touching that screen? (at my old DSTT-card, I dont have to do that)?

Thanks in advance,
Kermit

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you cant without modyinf your ds's o/s to skip the heath screen warning, its risky and not worth it

Kermit00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sure? Every DSTT-card seem to do that without problems (Just a smiley is shown for a short time)? So I never saw this nag-screen in the last time. Now it's really nerving me!

Kermit00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, I've got 2 NDSlite. At the first one, I could install flashme. I had to use a 1K resistor. Just shorting didn't work.
At the second one, I'm not able to install flashme. I already tried shorting, 1K resistor, 820R, 680R. Nothing works. Progress 0%
frown.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kermit00 said:
Hm, I've got 2 NDSlite. At the first one, I could install flashme. I had to use a 1K resistor. Just shorting didn't work.
At the second one, I'm not able to install flashme. I already tried shorting, 1K resistor, 820R, 680R. Nothing works. Progress 0%
frown.gif
How did you make your flashing tool and did you make sure you were flashing the right area?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But... it takes like not even 2 seconds to skip that and get to the games section of your card...

I'm not saying anything, but are you really that finicky about it?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
most if not all cards made for the DSi do not skip the ds firmware, it's just the way they're designed. I rather like having it go to the ds menu without taking out my card to do so, in case I need to access my settings or use pictochat, etc.

Kermit00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
How did you make your flashing tool and did you make sure you were flashing the right area?

There is just one flashing tool: http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/
And you can't select an area or something else.
The SL1 contact under the batterie-cover isn't hard to reach. It's not very deep. I tried a smal screwdriver and a pair of tweezers to short. The pins of a resitor are easy to form, so they are parallel. There was no problem at my first ndsl. If you loose contact, the progress percentages just stop as described. It continues when the resistor ist recontacted, so it's hard to destroy anything (as long as you don't loose power)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kermit00 said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:

There is just one flashing tool: http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/
And you can't select an area or something else.
The SL1 contact under the batterie-cover isn't hard to reach. It's not very deep. I tried a smal screwdriver and a pair of tweezers to short. The pins of a resitor are easy to form, so they are parallel. There was no problem at my first ndsl. If you loose contact, the progress percentages just stop as described. It continues when the resistor ist recontacted, so it's hard to destroy anything (as long as you don't loose power)
I normally use a tooth pick with the end cut off, a little tin foil being held on/insolated with a little tape to short mine

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I created a shorting tool from part of a bent small paper clip. I wrapped it in tape to set the spacing between the "leads" and some on top so that I don't add resistance. Works every time.

Kermit00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need the DS-Menu for Downloading Games! And I also want to use the correct time. So I won't use the Soft-Mod.

And I definitely shorted the contacts of my second ndsl, but it don't work (no begining of progress-counting). So I also don't need any other shorting-tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies