How to solve Dios Mios errors ("apploader size is zero" ans others)

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by Patrick472, Jan 17, 2014.

?

Was this guide helpful?

1. Yes, thanks!

100.0%
  2. No, not at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Patrick472
    OP

Newcomer Patrick472 Member

Brazil
    How to get rid of Dios Mios problems (semi noob-friendly)

DISCLAIMER:I DO NOT, by any means, support piracy, therefore I won't provide you with download links for free games or anything piracy-related at all. It harms publishers and developers.
    Even though there are sources, this tutorial have been completely written by me. If you see it elsewhere, report it. If you want to use it completely or part of it elsewhere, PM me. Trust me, I'm cool and will most probably let you use it if you ask first =)
    Also, it's a long tutorial (that's why I have put almost everything on spoiler tabs), so make sure you have free time before starting the procedure.
    THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW/DO BEFORE YOU KEEP ON READING:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    This tutorial will (most likely) help you with the following problems:
    Things you'll need:
    It's very easy to get your drive working. Just follow everything as I say and it should be OK. I have tested it with a Kingston DT101 II and a generic USB drive (both 4gb) and they worked fine.
    CMD Steps:
    EaseUS Steps:
    Finishing:
    Games tested (30 minutes each):
    Sources:

2. Patrick472
    OP

Brazil
    For some reason it wouldn't appear on the original post, so here it goes. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask and I'll reply as soon as possible. Just DON'T PM me with doubts, your problem/solution may be the same or at least similar for somebody else, so I won't have to reply the same things multiple times. Thanks for reading my first guide here, and please answer the poll =) Oh, and sorry about the misspelling at the thread title. Almost 2 A.M and I still didn't sleep

3. Nicholas Kosner

Newcomer Nicholas Kosner Member

United States
    Thank you so much! Followed the guide exactly (though I used Partition Wizard by preference) and finally got my Gamecube games working again.

By the way, the reason it didn't appear in the original post is because you accidentally wrote it within the Sources: spoiler

4. appleburger

Newcomer appleburger Advanced Member

United States
    Also keep in mind that some HDDs simply will NOT work. One of my drives always gets an apploader size is zero message, whereas my 1TB drive works perfectly fine.

5. Nicholas Kosner

Newcomer Nicholas Kosner Member

United States

I don't know, I would have thought the same thing until this thread fixed it for me. I agree that some HDD won't work, but usually I think they would be unable to get to the splash screen at all in that case.

6. Patrick472
    OP

Brazil
    Well, I think if your HDD works for Wii games it should work with Dios Mios. My flash drives were giving me the same error.. Games freezing, apploader size is zero, while Wii games were just perfect! It didn't matter how many times I would format it through Windows, Quick Format, Fat32 Formatter... Everytime the same thing. The only thing that helped me was what's written on my guide. It's like ''factory resetting'' a HDD. I'll tell you the same thing I told Nicholas.. Everything is worth a try.. Of course, if you want to use DM. If you don't want to, just keep it the way it is :)

7. appleburger

Newcomer appleburger Advanced Member

United States

Hmm, I suppose it's very possible that I did something wrong, then. I did the same thing for both drives, but only the 1TB worked for whatever reason. Oh well. At least I can play my beloved GC games.

8. Michierusama

Member Michierusama GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dominican Republic
    I was having the appoader size is zero on one of my drives and I found this guide. Followed every step and now Im playing with my 60GB fujitsu drive again. Maybe that drive was ''dirty'' as hell... many traces maybe who knows. The CMD part is helpful I didnt know the clean and clean all commands. I tought one of my drives was rejecting Dios Mios or Nintendont. B-)

9. Patrick472
    OP

Brazil
    Thanks for the reply, I'm glad I could help you! Actually, I'm gonna have to use my own tutorial very soon, as soon as I get my own GC controller ^^

10. Michierusama

Member Michierusama GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dominican Republic
    Sure dude!

I read that this is recommended when you're about to sell the disk or give it to someone too. To destroy all data and avoid that data to be recovered. The Clean All command specifically.

I did this to two drives I got as gift from someone, so I cleared all data they have stored. Good! now Im going to play some GameCube ciao ;):lol: