Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, I think I'll buy 3000 mainly because of the price! =]
And I'll look for this micro sd adapter to psp also because sony original is very expensive.

By the way I'm buying this adapter with this micro sd for this PSP 3000
That will work. Just remember, you have to put the micro SD cards into the same slots of the adapter if you take them out for whatever reason. It treats the cards as one partition. If one is missing or out of order, it won't work. You can get up to 64gb of space that way, though.

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That will work. Just remember, you have to put the micro SD cards into the same slots of the adapter if you take them out for whatever reason. It treats the cards as one partition. If one is missing or out of order, it won't work. You can get up to 64gb of space that way, though.

It means that I need to have two micro sd cards or just one used at the same slot will work?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means that I need to have two micro sd cards or just one used at the same slot will work?
I'm not sure, I don't have that adapter anymore and when I did have it I only used it with two. If you only intend to use it with one, then I'd suggest just grabbing one with one slot. I have http://www.amazon.com/General-Micro...&qid=1397426093&sr=8-13&keywords=psp+micro+sd

It's flimsy but it works and it's so cheap that if it does break, I'm not too worried. The Micro SD will still be intact so I can just buy another adapter. I've had it for a while and it's holding up.

Reactions: dreampeppers99

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure, I don't have that adapter anymore and when I did have it I only used it with two. If you only intend to use it with one, then I'd suggest just grabbing one with one slot. I have http://www.amazon.com/General-MicroSD-Pro-Duo-Adapter/dp/B00EEWGW2A/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1397426093&sr=8-13&keywords=psp micro sd

It's flimsy but it works and it's so cheap that if it does break, I'm not too worried. The Micro SD will still be intact so I can just buy another adapter. I've had it for a while and it's holding up.

Thanks =)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! i just need to know something.. it's been a while since i first hacked my PSP to CFW 6.60 PRO-C2 and i was wondering..is there some new CFW i can update to? thanks :)

Oh and, i have PSP 2000
There's some forks floating around, but nothing major. I think there's one that fixed the bug with PSN PSX games on 6.60Pro-C2, so that's great if you want both PSN PSX games and the newer noDRM engine. For the most part, I just stick to 6.60Pro-C (fix 3). If you want something else to tinker with, you can check out the ME CFWs. They have different options than Pro. Not really more, just different. There's little reason for new CFW since there's not any new OFW, and there probably never will be again for the PSP. Now people can just hunker down and come out with well optimized homebrew for the PSP without having to worry about it changing.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
There's some forks floating around, but nothing major. I think there's one that fixed the bug with PSN PSX games on 6.60Pro-C2, so that's great if you want both PSN PSX games and the newer noDRM engine. For the most part, I just stick to 6.60Pro-C (fix 3). If you want something else to tinker with, you can check out the ME CFWs. They have different options than Pro. Not really more, just different. There's little reason for new CFW since there's not any new OFW, and there probably never will be again for the PSP. Now people can just hunker down and come out with well optimized homebrew for the PSP without having to worry about it changing.

thanks! i just updated it to fix 3 and now my PSX games work like a charm :D

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! i just updated it to fix 3 and now my PSX games work like a charm :D
Something else you could have done was setup popsloader. I do believe that running POPS from your memory stick instead of from your NAND, it would have circumvented the problem with PSX games. Then again, now that you're on C fix 3, there's probably no reason for you to go back unless you have problems with the noDRM engine.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Something else you could have done was setup popsloader. I do believe that running POPS from your memory stick instead of from your NAND, it would have circumvented the problem with PSX games. Then again, now that you're on C fix 3, there's probably no reason for you to go back unless you have problems with the noDRM engine.

And noDRM engine would be... ?
I honestly don't know. Is that something bad..did i do the right thing by updating to fix3?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And noDRM engine would be... ?
I honestly don't know. Is that something bad..did i do the right thing by updating to fix3?
Well, that's more like downgrading. C (fix 3) came out before C2. The noDRM engine is for DLC. I think it's for user created DLC, so it can actually run in the target game. I'm not entirely sure, I never had a need to mess with it. C2 fixed a couple of the bugs in the noDRM engine at the cost of the firmware's internal POPS. POPSLoader allowed people to get around that problem, though. Even though that's not what its original purpose was.

I've recently caught up on these firmwares after hours of reading changelogs and lurking forums. I only came back to homebrewing a couple of weeks ago. Before that, the last I messed with homebrew, 5.00M33-6 was the preferred CFW with the GEN firmware coming up. Essentially, I might be wrong about what exactly the noDRM Engine is for, but I do know it has to do with PSP DLC.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
So i downgraded cfw from C2 to fix3?
And that link you just posted, to wololo.net with fixed C2 (wich is hewer than fix3 i installed) is better, and can be played PSX games same way i can now with fix3?

What do you suggest? should i remain on fix3 (downgraded wersion of C2) since it's working normally, or should i upgrade to this new C2 fix where i can play PSX normally..?

I mean they both do the same thing, so why go from fix3 to C2?

I'm interested in your opinion..

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i downgraded cfw from C2 to fix3?
And that link you just posted, to wololo.net with fixed C2 (wich is hewer than fix3 i installed) is better, and can be played PSX games same way i can now with fix3?

What do you suggest? should i remain on fix3 (downgraded wersion of C2) since it's working normally, or should i upgrade to this new C2 fix where i can play PSX normally..?

I mean they both do the same thing, so why go from fix3 to C2?

I'm interested in your opinion..
The differences between the versions are:

C (fix 3): noDRM engine slightly buggy, full memory stick speedup, working PSX games.

C2: fixed noDRM engine, full memory stick speedup, broken PSX games.

uoC2 fix: fixed noDRM engine, partial memory stick speedup (fatms371 was removed to fix the PSX games, but should still have the M33 speedup, I could be wrong), working PSX games, Recovery Menu color customization (purely aesthetic)

Unless you have need of the noDRM engine or have a burning desire to change the color of your Recovery Menu, I'd just stick to C (fix 3). I only upgraded to the uoC2 to test it out. I generally like to make sure something works as advertised before letting others know about it. The Memory Stick Speedup difference is very minor, so I don't have much reason to go back to C (fix 3). It's more of a matter of needs, and I was posting the uoC2 fix for anyone that might have the need of both the noDRM engine and PSX games.

Also, found out the noDRM engine is so you can still use your DLC even though you might have signed into a different PSN account and stuff like that.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read some older posts and tutorials....are 9g models something still to be concerned about when doing a 6.20 permanent? Or is the newest 6.20 good for all psp models?
Honestly, with the 2000s (TA-088v3) 3000s and Go, I wouldn't want to take any chances as you wouldn't be able to recover from bricking. I still have my Pandora Battery I made many years ago for installing Dark Alex's Firmwares, but I have the first version of the 2000. With how easy it is now with Fast Recovery on the not fully hackable models, it doesn't really seem worth it to run permanent CFW on it. I'd say just upgrade to 6.60 then use PRO Update. Just run Fast Recovery whenever whenever you've fully shut down your PSP. Also, with being on 6.60, you'll be able to access the PSN.

D

Deleted User

I've got an old Psp E1003 (Street) on 6.60, and I'm thinking about putting a cfw on it tonight. I probably won't be able to permanent hack it, right?

Ialda

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello people :)

I've trouble running 6.60 CFW Pro C on my new PSP E1000. I destroyed my previous PSP 3000 while trying to change the stick, so I bought a PSP street some days ago and, as it was already 6.60, I directly put my SD card with Pro-C inside and installed it. It seemed to work at first (emulators running without a glinch), but when going in USB connection mode to add some new games to my library, I've got a 0x8007045D IO error and I can't copy anything to the SD card.
Could you give me some tips as to what I'm doing wrong, please ?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the optimum CFW's out there for a standard or a go, and why?

Lately I've been noticing that with PRO CFW on my PSP go, there are intermittent times where the pairing of my PS3 controller just wigs out and ignores inputs for a few seconds at a time. Thankfully it's usually been at a place where I wouldn't lose too much time for it and in PS1 games, but it has been happening regularly enough to start to get concerned. That and I'm annoyed how no PSN-style PS1 games will work at all on Pro-C2 last I checked. Has this been fixed yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer