Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The same ISO file worked fine on my old M33 FWs, I encountered countless bugs with new FWs and recent games, like MGS PW, but it's all I could get withouth having to patch games and all...

I upgraded to 6.60PRO anyway, everything seems nice.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No. It was introduced well, well before 6.xx was even thought of. It'll only do 5.00 OFW which is what you need to overcome M33's OFW lock-out.

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried running Hellcats flasher and got a message saying data is corrupted. I re-downloaded the data and tried again and got the same message.
I have a psp 2001 if that information helps.

rianj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry if this has been covered... but I installed the 6.20 permanent on my 3000. What do I need to do with an iso to play it? I'm new to this and can't seem to find that info anywhere :/

rianj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wasn't an iso folder, so i created one but still dont see the game on the psp... should it show up under the "games" tab?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
14ah99e.jpg

Pretty much that. Homebrew/PSX games go in the GAME folder, generally in their own containing folders.

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try copying everything off your memory stick, formatting it with the PSP, then putting clean copies of hellcat's and the 500.PBP back on.

Also in the PSP, highlight the memory stick and press triangle, go to the properties, and see what it says for MagicGate.
Alright. I did as you said, but still get the error. My memory card is magic gate supported. I can run the CIPL flasher with no issues. I started that one with no problems, but decided not to mess around with it until I could get hellcats to work. What do you suggest I do?

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You followed the wrong instructions... the ones you followed start with "If you are currently on an older custom firmware (such a 5.x or 3.x)".

The ones you want to follow are in the "Downgrading a 6.60 PSP to 6.20" spoiler.
I figured it out. And I did not have to downgrade. I'm going to write an idiots guide on how to do this for non technical people.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You followed the wrong instructions... the ones you followed start with "If you are currently on an older custom firmware (such a 5.x or 3.x)".

The ones you want to follow are in the "Downgrading a 6.60 PSP to 6.20" spoiler.
I figured it out. And I did not have to downgrade. I'm going to write an idiots guide on how to do this for non technical people.
You figured it out how? What, installing the 6.60 version of PRO? That's in the first post, too.

If "non-technical people" means "people who don't read the whole guide", then you're going to have trouble. :P

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You figured it out how? What, installing the 6.60 version of PRO? That's in the first post, too.

If "non-technical people" means "people who don't read the whole guide", then you're going to have trouble. :P
No. I mean I figured out how to get pro version installed without downgrading and then upgrading again. I did read the guide, but for the life of me I could not get the firmware to downgrade. And I know I started with 5.2 firmware. I just found another way of doing it that involved no downgrading what so ever.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No. I mean I figured out how to get pro version installed without downgrading and then upgrading again. I did read the guide, but for the life of me I could not get the firmware to downgrade. And I know I started with 5.2 firmware. I just found another way of doing it that involved no downgrading what so ever.
The downgrade from older firmwares is only needed for hacked firmwares.

I'm not aware of any 5.2 hack. The only 5.x hacks that were widespread were based on 5.00, 5.03, and 5.50.

If you were on a clean firmware then you could jump right into the hack instructions, which first involved upgrading properly.

Again, all the instructions you needed were in the first post.

qfox

Trophies
XP
Country
There wasn't an iso folder, so i created one but still dont see the game on the psp... should it show up under the "games" tab?

greetings... just want to ask if psp-3000 6.60 can be permanently softmod? since in the first post it mentioned that "(OPTIONAL) To test or install the 6.60 permanent patch, run the CIPL Flasher on your PSP. Again, remember that this only works on the PSP 1000 and earlier 2000 models."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i don't have my own money