Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

jayminer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would think so, I dragged the nandTool folder from the .zip-file to the PSP and tried starting it, and it exited with that message. I will check that the file is there when I get home tonight just to be sure, but since hellcat also said alot about it being unable to load .prx-files I just figured their are included in the binary, but I see now that ntbridge is a seperate file.

Is it hard to use a Pandora-battery and restore it to an original firmware?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, Permanent is just like temp, it's just that you don't have to start it up each time.

And yes you can flash back to stock fw if you wanted.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
To flesh that out somewhat...

It depends what firmware you're on now...you don't say.

If you're in 6.35 or 6.39 then you have to use a Downgrader and downgrade to get to a Permanent version of PRO that you can use on your Go. The permanent version has nothing over the temporary version other than it doesn't have to be restarted when you fully power off, but then again if you're running 6.39 PRO temporarily you don't need to spoof your firmware for use with something like Media Go.

Updating your firmware will overwrite the files that PRO adds to flash0, but of course since there's no firmware above 6.39 at the moment you'd need to downgrade to 6.20 to remove the PRO additions. Of course if you run the temp version you're effectively running stock official firmware when you power up.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Nope, Permanent is just like temp, it's just that you don't have to start it up each time.

And yes you can flash back to stock fw if you wanted.
so what's the point of even doing the temp method? Is that only for people who got a PSP that came with 6.39 and cannot downgrade for the permanent version?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
mixinluv2u said:
yea so then I am confused, what's the point of the temp method? seems like all psp can now be hacked with permanent method, which is superior.
AFAIK only 6.20 has a perma hack, and 6.35 and 6.39 only has temporary. so if you want to run 6.35/9, you can only do a temp hack.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry I am pretty noob at this. Is it because 6.35/9 allows you to play newer games?

I guess I got confused because I thought PRO-B7 is a replacement firmware, so I figured once you loaded that on either with permanent or temporary, your compatibility would've been the same. But I guess not, huh?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i don't think there's any. probably just the numbers. and the plugins compatibility.

it's really up to you. any of the three is still good.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
I feel like I am running in circles here... So what's the benefit of using temporary method with 6.35/9? Instead of the permanent method with 6.20? Are there any benefits?

Not having it permanently enabled. I opt for the temporary version so that the only things on my game menu when i power on are the PSN games i have. It takes seconds to activate the PRO firmware so i'd much rather be on Official firmware for all intents and purposes and CFW when i need it on the PSP Go. Plus i'm not so confident on the way this activates compared to the Custom IPL of older firmwares.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My psp 3001 turns out to have a 4g mother board. I see pro 6.39 b8 only temps installs. Since it's cleared with every restart getting into the recover menu doesn't work. no recovery means no plugins, no plugins means no pops.
frown.gif

I wish my 1001 was stolen. Hacking it was so much better!

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
My psp 3001 turns out to have a 4g mother board. I see pro 6.39 b8 only temps installs. Since it's cleared with every restart getting into the recover menu doesn't work. no recovery means no plugins, no plugins means no pops.
frown.gif

I wish my 1001 was stolen. Hacking it was so much better!

PSP 3001 with 04g can be downgraded to 6.20 and use permanent hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill