How to setup USB Loader for Wii 3.4e

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jayz197, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009
  1. jayz197
    OP

Newcomer jayz197 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi All

Please can someone point me in the right direction. I have a Wii with which i have soft mod using the twilight hack and using firmware 3.4e and Homebrew 1.0.3. I would be most greatful if someone could point me to the guide to use to install a USB Loader.

Thanks

Jay

2. Benjay

Member Benjay Hardstyle Addict

France
    look at the first post of USBloader GX thread. ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149...t&p=1921410 )
    you should find everything you want.

it's approximatly the same way for all the loaders
    basically , create a folder in your apps folder on your SD card , name it with the name of the loader , put the boot.dol of the loader in it.
    run the boot.dol from HBC , or install a forwarder (it's like a shortcut to the boot.dol , no need to run HBC with this , and appears as a channel on your wii)

[​IMG]

there might be some extra steps i didn't mention , check the thread.

3. jayz197
    OP

Newcomer jayz197 Newbie

United Kingdom
    To be honest that link doesnt help much. Do i need to do anything special as i have seen on some forums i cant use a usb loader to run my back games with firmware 3.4e. Do i need do something special with the IOS. I need a Dummy guide!!!!!!

Thanks

4. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lots of good guides to get you going. Check the stickies at the top of the Hacking forum.