1. padooo

padooo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, I was going to ask this right now...

If I have my clean backup at deck, can I just restore it and setup emunand?

I believe you already answered that by posting this video

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would highly recommend not following YouTube videos especially that one as it has bricked users' consoles. See this thread.

3. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Since I followed that video thoroughly, as well as the OP guide, there's just a single (huge) difference:

Instead of just deleting 80000000000000e1, 80000000000000e2 and 80000000000000D1 as stated here, the video suggests to delete everything except 8000000000000120.

I deleted everything as the video said and had no issues, just saw your post, so after reading the thread you quoted I went ahead and checked if I could replicate the error, and I can't, everything's working fine, I have a prodinfo backup and I'm still able to restore it, so perhaps he did something wrong. But because it is a reported issue, we could just swap that step I mentioned to feel safe of course.

If it's a backup from before any CFW, then yes.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. DOTmjo

DOTmjo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    After doing this, would it be fine to play games I've purchased from the eshop on Sysnand? I would assume that online play even through sysnand would still be a massive no-no.

5. CelestiaLudenberg

Newcomer

United States
    I have a question: I have my sysnand without hacks for using online, and I have my emunand for hacks offline, made with hekate. Both sysnand and emunand are on the 8.1.0 version. If I update the sysnand to 9.0.0 and use it for online playing while keeping the emunand offline on 8.1.0 version... Is it a safe way to keep both of them? I mean, would nintendo detect them as two different firmware versions even when I only use the non-hacked one for online playing and I turn off all internet connections when using the emunand (the hacked one)?

6. astrocapsule

astrocapsule Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Imagining that you are using SX OS, yes, it is safe.
    Yet, you have to know the firmware compatibility of your custom firmware development team (ie, SX OS is not compatible with official firmware 9.0.0 yet, so if you update your firmware the emunand will be useless).

Best option at this moment is to wait to every custom firmware to be compatible with 9.0.0.

7. mIRChele

mIRChele Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    You answered for yourself, the emunand isn't set for online, so they can't know its existence nor noticing any version difference

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

8. DCMaxxx

DCMaxxx Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi,
    Is there any way to perform the Clean SysNAND step on a Mac (I feel everything is doable except the HacDiskMount part) ?
    Thanks.

EDIT :
    For those wondering, I ended up performing a factory reset using ChoidujourNX and hoped that it would wipe out enough.
    So far so good, I've been playing online with no issue since.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. ApoQ

ApoQ Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hi, I've got a problem. My Switch is in ofw 3.0.0, with SXOS emuNAND on 8.1.0.
    Tried to clean SysNAND, but now ofw is stuck on Switch logo. SXOS is booting fine.

I think that the problem originated with this step:

+ Clean Error Logs
    > access save folder
    > Delete 80000000000000D1

What can I do?
    Is there a method to extract 80000000000000D1 from SXOS EmuNAND and restore on SysNAND?

10. DfknG

DfknG Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks for the guide! Well done and huge thanks!

11. Musafe

Musafe Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi thete!
    There's an option on Hekate that can Launch Stock ROM and clear logs.
    Does It "clean" the NAND as the first part of this tutorial?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sysnand, Emunand, online