Hacking How to setup an external USB drive

carmenwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been sifting through the tutorials on YouTube so that I can attach a 500GB external hard drive to my Wii, but each video seems to point to different files and processes.

Is there a definitive guide that I should follow to complete this task?

My Wii is as 4.3U. It has been soft modded using Letterbomb and I have both the Homebrew channel and BootMii installed. The backup Wii games are in .iso format on my XP computer. I'm just not sure how to proceed from here.

Thank you

carmenwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Zizer. I've got the files on my hard drive and connected my USB drive to the Wii. When I go to the Homebrew channel, I just see bubbles rather then a list of games. Is there something more that I need to install?

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in short, buy a SD card and run the modmii app in the stickies for this forum
wink.gif

AvyTech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a newb, too, so someone else can correct me if I miss something.

It seems we modded our Wiis the same way.

I also DLd and installed the recommended AppPack. It includes an app called USB Loader. That app is pretty much right in front of your face once installed. I haven't tried to play any games via USB, but I've been watching movies and listening to music successfully. Good luck.

And in regard to reading... I scoured forum after forum after website for like a week before I putting on my big girl panties and modding my wii. Great success, but there is such a thing as information overload. If you're like me, take a day off. If you're just being lazy and asking before reading, that's just lame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo