How to restore sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by David mpc, Jul 29, 2016.

1. David mpc
    OP

David mpc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Panama
    Hi, my 3ds is in 11.0 without any cfw, but I have a backup of my sysnand when it was in 10.3 , so i wanted to know if i could restore my sysnand to get back to that version? Please help

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You will need a hardmod to restore it directly, or do a DSiWare downgrade (need a second hacked 3DS). When you are on 9.2 you can restore it by software (Decrypt9).

For hardmodding: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

For DSiWare downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jul 29, 2016
  3. David mpc
    OP

David mpc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Panama
  4. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
  5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    From what I understand they could just directly use DSiWareHax to restore their previous NAND backup without needing to downgrade first. Seemshow the original app for DSiWare Downgrade was NAND dumping and restoring, you should be able to simply restore a backup. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    Og dsiwarehac can dump and restore nand but there is a new dsiwarehax directly downgrades nfirm but you are correct

HTC One cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yes I know that, but why would they need to do the downgrade method (which is much less reliable than a standard 10.3 firm instead of 11.0 with 10.4 Native) when they could just restore their previously-created 10.3 NAND dump?
    It's not like you can't use the old fwtool to restore the dump.