Homebrew Question How to reset PPSPP core from RetroArch on SX OS

ReggieSunderland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FINAL EDIT: I now realize that it might be just a case of compatibility with the switch port of PPSSPP as it's fairly new, the game I was trying to run is Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth , it sometimes works, sometimes it just straight crashes RetroArch.

Hello, I've been a lurker on this forums for years as I've always found the answer I'm looking for, although I'm stuck on something.

I recently bought a Switch and so far had no issues with anything, except as of RetroArch, I don't usually post unless I can't find an accurate answer around the web.

As the title says, I'm stuck after booting up a PSP game just fine, I changed the resolution through the RetroArch in game options, resumed and it instantly crashed, now it refuses to start any PSP games.

Attached a few screenshots in case it helps. (doubt but still :P)

2019071815412400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg 2019071815414200-F573BCCB3DAC7592845119D5A75A05AD.jpg

My Switch Setup:

FW 8.0.1
SX OS v2.8 Beta
256gb SD Card FAT32 formatted
RetroArch NSP Forwarded
RetroArch 1.7.7 with all core files

Things I've tried:

Deleting RetroArch cfg files
Replacing RetroArch files
Replacing PPSSPP core files
Deleting RetroArch completely and copying everything back again
Restarting the Switch
Starting RetroArch by holding R from a game until RetroArch fully loads
Starting RetroArch from the HBMENU

I've had no luck, it always ends up in "The software was closed because of an error occurred." , it was working perfectly before I changed the resolution so any help is greatly appreciated, I feel like I'm missing something I don't quite know yet as of to how really reset the PPSPP core.

Last edited by ReggieSunderland,

ReggieSunderland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Double check the sha1 hash of your game files on your SD matches your original copy.

I'm sorry :unsure: I should also have mentioned that I have no idea on technical terms so please bear with me when I say I don't know what sha1 hash is or what I should be looking for, I'm just really good at following guides and tutorials, if you could provide me with some insight that would be great.

ReggieSunderland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Try re-copying one of the games and run that.

I was looking into the sha1 hash, it's a file in the PPSSPP core, thought I had seen a file with that name on my PSP and it clicked, I still don't know what to do with it or the other two in the folder.

I've tried copying the game back, no luck, this leaves me thinking, could it be because I'm using nxmtp to transfer files from my PC to the SD card via USB? Or is it something else, it's such a pain to have to shutdown my Switch every time I want to transfer files directly to the SD card.

ReggieSunderland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was looking into the sha1 hash, it's a file in the PPSSPP core, thought I had seen a file with that name on my PSP and it clicked, I still don't know what to do with it or the other two in the folder.

I've tried copying the game back, no luck, this leaves me thinking, could it be because I'm using nxmtp to transfer files from my PC to the SD card via USB? Or is it something else, it's such a pain to have to shutdown my Switch every time I want to transfer files directly to the SD card.

EDIT: Got it sorted out somehow, I replaced the files in these folders Switch\SdCard\retroarch\cores\system\PPSSPP\ext\native\ext\sha1 and Switch\SdCard\retroarch\cores\system\PPSSPP\Common\Crypto , also scanned for games with RetroArch which is a nice feature I didn't yet know about which created the folder Switch\SdCard\retroarch\cores\system\PPSSPP\ext\libkirk , I don't know what exactly of these fixed the issue, but it's working, so leaving this here as reference to help others.

Thanks for the help and insight! :D

EDIT: Woops, I pressed the wrong option to edit, sorry about that :S

Last edited by ReggieSunderland,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E