Hacking How to remove YSmenu?

ChiliD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed YSmenu, following the directions in this thread (which by the way were extremely helpful--kudos and thanks to Bri!), and after checking it out for a while, I have decided that I don't want YSmenu anymore. I just want the TTmenu. Since I have a lot of apps and games on my microSD I don't want to have to start over adding them if I mess something up, so I thought I'd ask... which files do I need to delete to get TTmenu back as my default, without any leftover YSmenu files on the microSD card?

TIA,
ChiliD

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChiliD said:
I installed YSmenu, following the directions in this thread (which by the way were extremely helpful--kudos and thanks to Bri!), and after checking it out for a while, I have decided that I don't want YSmenu anymore. I just want the TTmenu. Since I have a lot of apps and games on my microSD I don't want to have to start over adding them if I mess something up, so I thought I'd ask... which files do I need to delete to get TTmenu back as my default, without any leftover YSmenu files on the microSD card?

TIA,
ChiliD

Well seeing as you said default, that must mean you made YSMenu you default. Therefor get the DSTT TTMenu.dat file and overwrite the YSMenu one, and delete the "YSMenu.ini" file from the TTMenu folder.

Also remove "ttdldi" and "ttpatch" if you have them. That should be about it.

ChiliD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it won't boot at all.
frown.gif
I must have done something wrong!

I removed the YSmenu files, but now my microSD tries to bot to YSmenu and when it fails it tries to boot to TTmenu but since that one is not default it fails, and now I have a flash cart with no working firmware...

I've decided to not reinstall anything until I see more info in this thread. Any info is appreciated at this point.

-ChiliD

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to get the official "TTMenu.dat" and install that at the root of your microSD card (replace the one that's there). If there's a file named "TTMenu.nds" it's probably the same file, so you can just rename it to "TTMenu.dat". You can get it here if you don't have it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2134

At this point, it should boot into the menu just fine. If it boots up, you can delete the following files from the "TTMENU" folder (they are part of YSMenu, but won't interfere with TTMenu if you want to leave them):

ttdldi.dat
ttpatch.dat
YSMenu.ini
YSMenu1.bmp
YSMenu2.bmp

You can also delete the following file from the root (if it's there):

YSMenu.nds

If it doesn't boot up, you've deleted something you need. In that case, delete the entire "TTMENU" folder and replace it with the official one from the above link.

-Bri

ChiliD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These past few days have been far too busy... but now it's working and I am happy again. Thanks!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol