Gaming How to remove a program from the taskbar?

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no i'm not askin for the system tray. lets just say i have a game open for instance, and if i minimized it, it wouldn't be there. is there any way to do this within windows or a 3rd party program?

EDIT: is it just me or is imageshack RLY slow rite now?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Image shack is always slow and never works very well, at least in my experience.

Use photobucket, tinypic, or majhost instead.

But on topic: I have no idea how to do that. It would be nice to be able to completely hide and restore something with a hotkey, though. I know some programs do have that function, but I don't know of something where you can port the function over to any application.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miniMIZE

Add things you want to show up to exceptions and remove thumbnails from the desktop.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alt + tab allows you to switch windows.
My firefox portable doesnt show on the taskbar when minimized but when i alt+tab to it it shows up.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
ENDscape said:
My firefox portable doesnt show on the taskbar when minimized but when i alt+tab to it it shows up.
wait. are you suggesting i use alt+tab with the program gore suggested? or just alt+tab..

I think he's saying use miniMIZE as Gore said, and then to get back to the window just Alt+Tab to it.

Alt+Tab by itself does not hide the window.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
ENDscape said:
wait. are you suggesting i use alt+tab with the program gore suggested? or just alt+tab..
I was answering mewgia when he asked how to get it back up after its hidden from the taskbar.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
da_head said:
ENDscape said:
I was answering mewgia when he asked how to get it back up after its hidden from the taskbar.
k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters