How to prevent sweaty hands when playing games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Does anyone have advice or tips for this, is a common problem and no shame in it. The thing I hate is sharing controls with people. "Hey my turn, pass it up! Damn, why your hands so sweaty, this controller is nasty!" So if anyone has solutions, please sure. Usually I always want to wash my hands before picking up a controller to play especially when is brand new, i don't want any dirt of finger prints on the thing which is usually why i aim to get dark and heavy colors like red and black. I know is there but it helps not to see for any ocd people. (No offense) :unsure:

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I always wash my hands before playing. My devices are all clean. I think most people are just too lazy to wash their hands regularily, although maybe in your case some people have excessive sweat output.

3. RayD97

RayD97 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2015
    United States
    Play with a towel nearby

4. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    wear latex gloves, it keeps the sweat inside

Warning: Spoilers inside!

BORTZ likes this.
  5. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Wash your hands and also remember to clean your controllers. It seems to me that many people never do that.

6. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Talc / talcum powder. Dry "wash" your hands with it to absorve and prevent sweat for a while.

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I make sure to clean it at least once a week, i have electronic cleaning solution and micro fiber cloth as well and always try to keep it clean, especially devices with screen. Personally i hate touch screens for this very reason. :ninja:

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you truly have a problem and it causes problems for you in your day to day life, you can use something like this:
    http://www.electroantiperspirant.com/

you can make diy ones too, i saw a guy selling his version online for really cheap (not that i need it!)

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That website reads like one huge ad. Not to say it doesn't work but I wouldn't put too much faith into it.

10. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    I suffer from this problem if i get too nervous/excited when playing a game, not every single time. I wash my hands every break i get from playing, i heavily dislike dust or grease/oil on ANY of my consoles and get pissed if other people get it on my consoles. I am often considered annoying because of this, too delicate if you'd like.

It's just that i like to preserve my stuff and that's the reason why my psp 3004 GoW from '12 is still alive and kicking and not a single damaged thing.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  11. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    How do you clean your controller?
    Your reply is for anyone like me, too lazy to Google search it. :)

12. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I said with cleaning solution and microfiber cloth. Least that what i have been using for my electronic devices.

13. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I keep my controllers spotless by just washing my hands and cleaning the controllers with an electronics alcohol wipe or something. I use to clean and repair systems and controllers as a business awhile back and people can be nasty fu*ks I found some unbelievable stuff in them.

14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    that's just the first site i found, it's not a product specific to that website, i guess many companies make them.

15. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I usually go with my fool proof method of not being sweaty handed weirdo.

but seriously, this used to be an issue for me, but not really anymore. I don't know what changed. Back in the gamecube days they used to sell "Airflow" controllers with little fans in them. They stopped working after about 30 hours of gameplay but they were cool (:bortz2:) while they worked lol

16. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Logitech chillstream usb/ps3. Got mine for $5 its great!