Hacking Question How to preserve a 3.0 Switch ?

Arck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a Switch with the firmware 2.3, updated with Pokken to 3.0, now what ?

Do I have to use a DNS to use PegaSwitch so the Switch don't update on itself ?

I know we can't do anything useful with PegaSwitch, as a end user, but I'd like to keep it on this firmware and keep it as it is until we got stuff like save backup ect...

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I just got a Switch with the firmware 2.3, updated with Pokken to 3.0, now what ?

I know we can't do anything useful with PegaSwitch, as a end user, but I'd like to keep it on this firmware and keep it as it is until we got stuff like save backup ect...
It's probably going to be years before there are any hacks, or homebrew available for the switch. So if you want to keep it on 3.0, don't plan on buying many games for at least the next several years. All new, and several current games will require OFW 3.1 to play.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just keep it in the box! No really! You just spend 300 bucks on a nice gamingconsole so it is a shame when you can't play pirated games on it. /s

Keep internet disconnected. That and buying the newest games is the only way it can be ruined.

Arck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hide it from your child
never said I had a child
It's probably going to be years before there are any hacks, or homebrew available for the switch. So if you want to keep it on 3.0, don't plan on buying many games for at least the next several years. All new, and several current games will require OFW 3.1 to play.
I already a Switch since D-1, I bought a second one just for homebrew, so I already have access to any game I want to play.

Just keep it in the box! No really! You just spend 300 bucks on a nice gamingconsole so it is a shame when you can't play pirated games on it. /s

Keep internet disconnected. That and buying the newest games is the only way it can be ruined.
Honestly, I don't really care about piracy, I just want something we can only do with homebrew, so game mods, preserve savegame ect...

That make no sense to buy a second Switch if we want piracy, I'd rather buy games instead of spending a lot on a new console ;)

Anyway, any DNS I can use ?
If no one know then I'll try to search by myself.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Switch doesn't auto update, it will prompt you to update when launching games/apps if an update has been downloaded, but it's easy to ignore.

hua8446

Trophies
XP
Country
what if the update has been pre-downloaded(forgot to turn auto update off).
Do we have to do a factory reset to see current version again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1