OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Snezziboy v0.25 and used it to make my .smc.gba file. The readme file says:
QUOTE said:
 (For Supercard users, please run the .gba file through the Supercard
 patcher before playing. I recommend turning all options off except
 "Compress").
So I did that and got:
.smc.gba
.smc.sav
.smc.sci

I put those 3 files in my SD card and run it in my SuperCard, but after the Gameboy Advance load screen, the screen just goes all white... Why doesn't it work? I tried a few roms and all of them show a white screen.

I also tried the same thing with snesDS, but the same thing happens; there's only a white screen. Please help me! I really want to play SNES games on my DS!
smile.gif

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It seems you are just doing the opposite during patching : you end up having a .sci, which implies RealTime Saver is on, and you end up with .gba, which means it's not compressed either...
tongue.gif

Blue means "on" , gray means "off"...
smile.gif

- Vince989

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not all games (not many actually) work with Snezziboy. Also, instead of using Snezziboy, I'd recommend checking out SnezziDS. Get that here. Then, check out the SnezziDS compatibility wiki here. Lastly, you'll need the SuperDAT file, which you'll rename to Snezzi.dat (if you don't have it already). You can find the latest DAT here. Also, the first link I gave you will bring you to the Pocketheaven subforum for the Snezzis. Look for more info there.

dOoBiX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
Not all games (not many actually) work with Snezziboy. Also, instead of using Snezziboy, I'd recommend checking out SnezziDS. Get that here. Then, check out the SnezziDS compatibility wiki here. Lastly, you'll need the SuperDAT file, which you'll rename to Snezzi.dat (if you don't have it already). You can find the latest DAT here. Also, the first link I gave you will bring you to the Pocketheaven subforum for the Snezzis. Look for more info there.
Hmm, the first link you posted takes us to a topic called [Snezziboy] v0.25. That's what I used... I can't find the download for SnezziDS
frown.gif

I looked in that forum and found someone who had the exact problem I had, but he got it to work... but it still doesn't work for me... so I replied to that topic. I hope they can help me
smile.gif

Kagaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the first link you posted takes us to a topic called [Snezziboy] v0.25. That's what I used... I can't find the download for SnezziDSÂ
frown.gif

I looked in that forum and found someone who had the exact problem I had, but he got it to work... but it still doesn't work for me... so I replied to that topic. I hope they can help meÂ
smile.gif

It hasn't been released yet.

dOoBiX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
It seems you are just doing the opposite during patching : you end up having a .sci, which implies RealTime Saver is on, and you end up with .gba, which means it's not compressed either...
tongue.gif

Blue means "on" , gray means "off"...
smile.gif

- Vince989

Actually, I unchecked the stuff in the Options tab. After reading your post, I right-clicked the rom in the Game List tab, went to properties, and unchecked those... now I don't have the .sav and .sci files and Street Fighter 2 works now!
biggrin.gif

However, it is really slow... This is the only game I want to play.
frown.gif

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get it to work, but on those Pocketheaven links it suggested renaming the .gba outputted files to .nds ones

I did, but when I try to convert the renamed file with Supercard I get an "Access Violation" error and doesn't convert it at all

help!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I couldn't get it to work, but on those Pocketheaven links it suggested renaming the .gba outputted files to .nds ones

I did, but when I try to convert the renamed file with Supercard I get an "Access Violation" error and doesn't convert it at all

help!

Don't use the SC software, just rename it to .nds and copy it over to your card.

dOoBiX, I think the actual original Street Fighter 2 IS slow, so try SF2 Turbo and see if that's faster.

dOoBiX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I tried:
Street Fighter 2 :: Slow
Street Fighter 2 Turbo :: Slow
Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Stays at black screen, but L+R+START shows the configuration
Super Street Fighter 2 :: Slow

dry.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dOoBiX, did you use the snesadvance.dat from SNESDS / SNESAdvance? Rename it to Snezzi.dat and it should speed up the games. If that doesn't help then I don't know...

dOoBiX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
dOoBiX, did you use the snesadvance.dat from SNESDS / SNESAdvance? Rename it to Snezzi.dat and it should speed up the games. If that doesn't help then I don't know...
YES! Street Figther works great now! It only has some graphical background errors. Thanks SpaceJump!
biggrin.gif

Do you know how to get Y and X to work?
laugh.gif

dOoBiX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
OHhhh! Thanks again SpaceJump!!!
smile.gif

Snezzi DS >create> ROM.smc.gba >rename> ROM.smc.gba.nds

It has sound now and it works great! The top screen has the game but the bottom screen is white... is it like that for everyone? I would like the bottom screen to be off to save some battery life
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OHhhh! Thanks again SpaceJump!!!
smile.gif

You are welcome
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
It has sound now and it works great! The top screen has the game but the bottom screen is white... is it like that for everyone? I would like the bottom screen to be off to save some battery life
smile.gif

That's normal. Hopefully the bottom screen will be turned off in the next release.

The snesadvance.dat should only be used for Snezziboy (rename it to Snezzi.dat and put it into the folder of Snezziboy). SnezziDS doesn't need it cause it's fast enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there