How to order games by title

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by maxpouliot, Feb 26, 2009.

Feb 26, 2009
  1. maxpouliot
    OP

Member maxpouliot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi,

when i go to my list of games, the order seems random. i have to click on the name column to order the games by the title. Is there a way to have the games ordered by title by default?

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    If you're using the TouchPod loader, then it's going to display your ROMs in the order that you copied them to the card. Sakura lists them in alphabetical order.

If you want to list them in order by title, you'll have to remove the 4-digit release number preceding the title in the file name. You can automate this process with a ROM manager like RToolDS or Rominator.

3. lurked

Member lurked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    M3 Real- If you want games to be ordered by A-Z order, a good way is to copy and paste the folder that all the games are in, into a different place. Delete the old folder that holded your games and copy the copied folder to your card. This way, since your computer should automatically order then to A-Z when coping all the games to your card.

M3 Sakura- Automatically orders game in A-Z order.

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    It would be faster if you just rename the NDS folder to NDS1, create a new NDS folder in the root of the card, copy everything from the NDS1 folder to the new NDS folder, then delete the NDS1 folder. That way there's no need to transfer files from the card to the PC and back again.

5. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I personally use a small program called drive sort. I sort by long name, apply it to all folders and save. Works a treat and always places my games in Alpha Order for the M3 Real Original Softwware (TouchPod)

6. TheGoldenKing

Newcomer TheGoldenKing Member

United States
    Wait is there anyway to change the way sakura orders the folders on the root of your card?

7. RevLTD

Newcomer RevLTD Advanced Member

United States
    On touchpod you can hit the little arrow at the top where it says Name to order by name.

8. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Sakura automatically arranges folders in alphabetical order, and then orders files in alphabetical order after folders. You can't change this, but if you don't want a folder to be visible/accessible in Sakura, make it hidden in Windows and it will be hidden in Sakura. However, it will still be there and fully functional. I hide all my files and folders except homebrew, media, games, images, skins, etc.