Hacking How to mod without a working SD slot

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii that has previously been softmoded (not by me), but it wont read any SD cards. (the SD cards work in other Wiis)

Someone suggested update via disc.

The system menu says 3.4 but didnt want to update to 4.1 when i put in Super Mario Bros. (im assuming the IOS files are upto 4.1 revisions)

Iam just about to install a wi-fi router so i can do an official update to 4.3 (i modded a 4.3 the other day using indiana pwns, so i know it can be done unless nitty has blocked it with the newest 4.3)

I would just give the Wii back to its owners but, i deleted their backuploader channel before i realised the SD card slot didnt work. It still has an old Homebrew channel.

The PC hasnt got Wi-fi..

So.... assuming i get the wii online

1. Should i do the official update to 4.3 (I dont see why not as i have indi pwns)

Im only doing this to see if the SD card reader starts working again.

2. Do you have any suggestions on how to mod this wii if the SD card doesnt start working and I dont have Wi-fi on the PC.

3. Failing everything its going for a MODCHIP. (spit, cough, splutter)

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are ur SD formated to FAT32 or FAT(16)? if FAT32 try reformating to FAT(16) or inverse! And your Wii is 3.4, then use SD Card 1-2GB non-SDHC.
Try this simple solution first

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD cards are formatted to FAT, they work on every other of the 50+ 100+ 200+ wiis i have modded in the past. I just dont do on line as havnt got Wi-Fi.

Ive tried 2GB SD cards and 2GB micro SD cards in adapters but nothing working..

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
If you get it online, 1st thing to do is: go to hbc and wait til it asks you to perform a update, do this to have ladest hbc 1.0.8 then get the New 4.3 official update

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
If you get it online, 1st thing to do is: go to hbc and wait til it asks you to perform a update, do this to have ladest hbc 1.0.8 then get the New 4.3 official update

It hasnt got the latest HBC it has version 1.0.1 running under IOS36 v4.18

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
montyzoomer said:
G0dLiKe said:
If you get it online, 1st thing to do is: go to hbc and wait til it asks you to perform a update, do this to have latest hbc 1.0.8 then get the New 4.3 official update

It hasnt got the latest HBC it has version 1.0.1 running under IOS36 v4.18

Ya, I meant when the wii is online and you´re in hbc it should ask you to perform a update of hbc... do this to get latest hbc which will "survive" nintendo update to 4.3

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ye, sorry i misread.

Im going to try and setup the D-link router for the Wii. fingers crossed, youtube here i come.

BUT FIRST FOR A FAT ONE. why do i do favours for friends i just dont know. its minus 3 outside with 4 inches of snow. Ive got better things to do.....

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, So now ive got HBC 1.08 and system menu 4.3E, but still the SD card cant be read.

Can i Now mod this Wii without the use of the SD card slot.

The SD card on system menu lights up when a card is inserted but data cannot be accessed.

Gunna try other cards again..

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you've got HBC have you tried puttings apps on a usb flash drive? hbc can run apps off usb also, but i don't know if the apps needed for modding will work. i know for sure that you won't be able to make a nand dump since bootmii will only write to the sd slot.

edit: maybe this would work for nand dumps: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiND

montyzoomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ill look into the USB drive, but im going to have to copy Idiana Pwns save into system memory.

Maybe i updated too quick.

Got other stuff to do now, will return later. thanks for the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...