Tutorial  Updated

How to manage (put/delete) files into a virtual SD Card (sd.raw) of Dolphin Emulator with ImDisk (and how to use it on Dolphin)

Hello to everyone! :D

Since some people ask me how I can manage my files (put files, copy them, delete them, etc.) of my Dolphin Emulator's (http://dolphin-emu.org) virtual SD card file (sd.raw), and also some other people ask me how i can install my custom Single ROM Loaders (SRLs) and configure them for use them by yourself, i decided to write this tutorial.

First of all, download and install ImDisk Toolkit and all the required drivers, in this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/
Then, once installed, reboot your computer.

If you're interested in making your own virtual SD card file (sd.raw) with your desired size (max. 2 GB), then download the required tool (Virtual SD Card Maker) and follow this guide shown in the Dolphin Emulator Wiki: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

Then, you can follow these guides shown below:

HOW TO "INSERT" (MOUNT) THE VIRTUAL SD CARD FILE (sd.raw) FOR BE ABLE TO MANAGE ITS FILES:

In order for get access to the virtual SD card and be able to manage, insert, copy, delete, and paste your files in it from your PC, you must have mounted it first, otherwise you can't modify its contents. For mount your sd.raw virtual SD Card, follow these instructions:
  1. Open the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver (go to Start > ImDisk > ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver)
  2. If administrator permissions question appears, click in "OK", "Yes" or "Accept".
  3. In the ImDisk window, now click in the "Mount new..." button.
  4. 1.PNG
  5. In the "Image File" box, click in the "..." button.
  6. 2.PNG
  7. Go to the C:/Users/[YOUR_USER]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/ folder, then click in the sd.raw file and click in "Open".
  8. 3.PNG

9. Once opened the sd.raw file, check the "Removable media" box, then click in "OK".
  10. 4.PNG

11. The sd.raw file will be mounted on your PC. Once mounted, you will see this screen. When the virtual SD card has been mounted, now open the mounted "virtual SD card" and you can now put and manage your files inside that SD card!
  12. 5.PNG
HOW TO "EJECT" (DISMOUNT) THE VIRTUAL SD CARD FILE (sd.raw) FOR USE IT ON DOLPHIN EMULATOR:

In order for use the virtual SD card and its files in the Dolphin Emulator, you must have dismounted it first, otherwise Dolphin won't detect it. For dismount your sd.raw virtual SD Card, follow these instructions:
  1. Open the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver (go to Start > ImDisk > ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver)
  2. If administrator permissions question appears, click in "OK", "Yes" or "Accept".
  3. In the ImDisk window, now click in the mounted sd.raw file (virtual SD card), then click in the "Remove" button.
  4. 6.PNG

5. If the "Force media dismount" question window appears, then click in "OK".
  6. 7.PNG

7. The sd.raw file will be dismounted from your PC. Once dismounted, the virtual SD card disappears from ImDisk window. When the virtual SD card has been dismounted, you're able to use the virtual SD card on Dolphin!
FOR USE THE VIRTUAL SD CARD ON THE DOLPHIN EMULATOR:

In order for use the virtual SD card on Dolphin Emulator, you have to enable some settings for be able to use it. For enable this, follow these steps:
  1. Open the Dolphin Emulator
  2. Click in the "Config" button
  3. 8.PNG

4. Go to the "Wii" tab, then enable (check) the "Insert SD Card" and "Allow Writes to SD Card" boxes. Once finished doing these settings, click in "Close".
  5. 9.PNG

6. You're ready for use your virtual SD card on Dolphin!
Well, guys, that's all for this guide, but if you have any questions about this, don't forget to write me here in this thread! :D

Enjoy using Dolphin Emulator! :yaywii:

saulfabreg - @SaulFabre

Last edited by SaulFabre,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a virtual memory card for gamecube using dolphin. I don't think you really have to anymore, but at the time, you did. I still use it:

1636481310853.png

I've been successful at hexing in saves as well.

Reactions: SaulFabre

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, this was for nintendont and the wii u/vwii. I have all saves in one memory card (have to use a certain option in nintendont to do that as it's disabled by default and will make a new save with each game).

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have a problem. This trick works well, it detects the apps and everything, but when I'm using Miixplorer or Save Manager GX it doesn't detect the SD card path. It only detects the nand path. Help!! I need to export/import miis from an easy way and I though that using Save Manager GX was the easiest way but now I can't make it to export the .miigx.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
When I put CTGR-R it says it can't read the SD Card and I don't know what to do.
You need to enable the "Insert SD card" and "Allow Writes to SD card" options in Dolphin.
If it still doesn't work, then i think it's because of its stressing DRM on CTGP-R which stops the hack to be played on Dolphin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.