how to make cia?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by djricekcn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. djricekcn
    OP

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Sorry, don't really follow 3DS scene so when I do not sure what information is current....first question is, how do I make CIAs for VC games (all consoles)

Also, i follow Paladin(? probably wrong on the name) guide but I still can't figure out how to make 3DS boot to, well, 3DS OS even without a memory card being stuck in there. Right now, it'll boot into that operator screen but will error with can't find SD when i try to exit out, if i don't have SD in there

zoogie likes this.
  2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    You don't exactly compile a CIA for VC games that aren't available, to my knowledge, its via injection. As to what program does it, sorry I forgot its name.

And if you followed pialects guide correctly, and didn't brick, then you don't input anythong on your side, everything concerning boot to cfw is automated

3. djricekcn
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Well, it's not bricking and it does boot into 3DS but I can't tell if it's a cfw or not (it does have the three things installed, FBI, Homebrew and Luna), however, if no SD card is inserted, it just boots into that hold down select menu and doesn't boot into 3ds without a memory card

4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    you did it correctly if it cuts off w/o arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card inserted thats the sure fire way to tell if you did A9LH correctly also i would install hourglass 9 and do a nand dump put it on a flash drive and put it a glass case that reads "break in case of brick"

5. djricekcn
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I did the NAND Backup already, so there's no way to boot it like a normal 3ds / without a memory card?

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you installed a9lh in 2017, open up fbi, copy arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of your sd card, back out, click ctrnand, then paste. Now it should boot.

T3CHNOLOG1C likes this.
  7. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    You didn't follow Step V in installing A9LH properly as it walks you right through pasting the arm9 in your CTRNAND. Also to answer your question, it depends on the system in question. I would recommend taking a look at @Asdolo Ultimate VC injectors here. That link is for SNES, you can find the same programs for more systems in his sig including GB,GBC,GBA,SNES,NES,GG,SG-MD and T16-PCE)