How to know which device is hogging my bandwidth?

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I live in a big house with lots of users, and lots of devices. Sometimes I notice that a certain device is hogging all the bandwidth, and a lot of times I just have no idea who's doing that.

So, just to keep it simple, any software that would maybe shows a list of all users, and how much download speed they are currently using in real time or something?

Thanks in advance

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Check your router, it may offer some kind of monitoring tool.

If not, you could look at something like dd-wrt which may offer something.

Edit:
Your router may also allow you to limit how much a device can use or some kind of qos.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Check your router, it may offer some kind of monitoring tool.

If not, you could look at something like dd-wrt which may offer something.

Edit:
Your router may also allow you to limit how much a device can use or some kind of qos.
Yeah my basic internet search told me as much. But I couldn't find anything related to that.
Here is the router I'm using:
http://www.linksys.com/fi/support-product?pid=01t80000003K7eCAAS

I'm also not looking to limit anything. I would just like to know it on info basis, to talk to that person hogging it, disconnect the device if needed, etc..

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah my basic internet search told me as much. But I couldn't find anything related to that.
Here is the router I'm using:
http://www.linksys.com/fi/support-product?pid=01t80000003K7eCAAS

I'm also not looking to limit anything. I would just like to know it on info basis, to talk to that person hogging it, disconnect the device if needed, etc..
Type 192.168.1.1 into a web browser and have a look at the network monitor. You should see a IP and MAC address of the device that's hogging all the bandwidth.

Reactions: kehkou

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Type 192.168.1.1 into a web browser and have a look at the network monitor. You should see a IP and MAC address of the device that's hogging all the bandwidth.
I'm guessing you mean my gateway, which isn't 192.168.1.1 .. But anyway, I do see a list with all my devices and their IPs. I just don't see any bandwidth related info

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing you mean my gateway, which isn't 192.168.1.1 .. But anyway, I do see a list with all my devices and their IPs. I just don't see any bandwidth related info
It's the default for your device... Maybe your router web set-up is too basic to show that info. One reason why I always install a custom firmware on mine lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol