Gaming How to kill Lagombi on MH3 demo on 3DS?

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried the sword and the bow, but I still can't kill it. I keep on dying,and even after I've hit it many times, I can't kill him. Any help?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
for most monster in the game

find a weapon you are good with 1st
watch him
know when to attack
learn how to block/role/doge
heal when needed
sharpin your weapon when needed
use bombs
eat meat
traps

it can take 15min to kill him

learn how to use the weapons special attack
if you are using LS (long sword) use the "sprite attack" when the bar is full R-button

it will take time, but you when you get it, you should be able to kill him

i was able to kill him with Long sword duel sword, switch ax

i am not that good at the game
i still have trouble with plesioth

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Like previously stated, the key to these games is to watch the monsters tells and moves in order to find the right times to attack. Learning how to use a weapon you feel comfortable with is key for beginners as well. I would recommend the lance because it has good attack and that massive shield, although speed is its downfall. Hammers are pretty good too. Just keep charging up super pounds and aiming at the head.
I've been able to kill the Lagombi with all the weapons so far and the Plesioth with the Great Sword and the Lance.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
try the dual blades and hit the living crap out of him. hitting him on the head or stomach do more damage. it's great for beginners as it's less strategy, more hack n slash, and it has stun properties. I killed him in under 5 minutes with them .

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like said Ryupower, you have to find your weapon. If you like melee fighting, begin by the sword and shield, it gathers all the mecanics of principals melee weapons (combos, guard, etc.). Try to learn how performing combos on the weakest monsters, this is a demo, no need to rush, focus on the basis. Once you've mastered the fighting aspects of the sword and shield, most of melee weapons should be more easely to wield and adapting yourself to their gameplay should be a lot easier.
If you like ranged fight, the bow is nice, good mobility, charge shots and enhancement with coatings.
The Lagombi is an ice monster, so using the long sword (that has a fire element on the demo) should bring victory a bit faster than with other weapons (the " morpho-axe " is pretty much effective if you master its switching mode).

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
here's an effective way to use the bombs if you choose to. Lay down the shock trap, wait on the opposite side of the trap, so you and the monster have the trap between hyou guys, let the monster charge you, he gets stunned, while stunned, quickly drop the large bombs next to the trapped monster, then the small bomb barrel, and immediately run. The small bomb barrel when dropped is lit so it will explode, causing the other two bombs to explode, if the monster is still trapped after that keep attacking it's head.

sometimes your companions decide to drop the small bomb barrel right after you drop a large bomb. If this happens, don't bother dropping your small bomb barrel and just ruuuuuun.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
If you wanna kill him easily, Equip the dual blades and power them up with R and i think the default for them should be paralyze (which stuns lagombi for a LONG time, enough to get a ton of hits in) Its the most suited to the hack and slash gameplay and has a good roll dodge that can be used pretty much off every combo.

Check the blue box before you head out and grab the paralyze trap, then when he dashes, lure him into it. Stuns him for almost 10 seconds which in MH is a TON of time to get free hits in with the big weapons.

- When he taunts is a good time to get a few big hits in (when he stands back on 2 feet exposing his stomach) be quick and get in and grab a hit or 2.
- When he digs into the ground, he's about to throw a snowball (dodge left or right to avoid it and if you're quick you can get another 1-2 hits in after)
- His 2 most anoying attacks are the dash and the "sweep", The dash is pretty straight forward to dodge and he usually does 2-3 dashes in a row if you stay relatively close to him, dont bother trying to get a hit in here and its risky to try doing it straight after coz he usually follows it up with a snowball.
- The sweep move is the one where he spins on the spot, VERY hard to dodge and see coming but if you do manage to dodge it, he usually leaves you time to get maybe 1 heavy hit in before he moves.

If you can handle them, heavy weapons are very good here. If you manage to get 2 hits with the great sword or hammer then it will almost always cause him to stumble, giving you time to get another 1-2 hits in.

Best advice i can give is have patience, you wont kill him in 1 assault. Have patience and learn his attacks (which iv explained) and dont go for too much, with almost all the weapons, you are only gonna get a maximum of 3 hits in before you'll need to dodge or back off to wait for the next opening. I wouldnt bother with a ranged weapon for this guy, he's too fast and they are too weak to make him stumble. I recommend Great sword/long sword/dual blades/hammer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)