How to keep it un-corrupt

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JinTrigger, Jan 9, 2010.

1. JinTrigger
    OP

JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Lunesta/Mysteria
    OK so this moment makes it twice today that I've had to reformat my AceKard 2i cause something important on it has gotten corrupt. I understand that it should be FAT so im taking care of that but is there things I need to do/not/be aware of to keep my 2gb Sandisk MicroSD card from being corrupt.......i do soft reset and shut the thing on and off a lot.....I've used the card on my PS3 (in the ubs adapter)....are those some of the issues....cause files get corrupt like when I check them on my laptop file names are like "X:s?" basically a bunch of crap. How can I prevent this.

2. Sinistral89

Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Sweden
    You could use the panasonic formatter that is in the akaio wiki. It formats the sd card the way it should be. Windows does a bad job formatting sd cards. Might be a problem or it may be that you have a faulty sd card.. :/

3. Leonidas

Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    The best way to avoid problems is to use your Acekard 2 just like you would a regular cartridge. Avoid using cheats or soft resetting.

4. JinTrigger
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Lunesta/Mysteria
    ok...I thought soft resetting could be the problem cause I did it a lot on my R4 and it did the same but it didn't get corrupt (or got corrupt less) when I stopped. Now not using cheats could be a problem but I hope not....I enjoy them, their fun.

5. kingofgamesgx

kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

May 12, 2009
    United States
    if you use the panasonic formatter to format the card you should be fine i use SR and cheats every day usually and only once in like 4 months have i had a corrupt file and it was just a sav that i had backed up many times (i usually have a complete backup of every file on my card as i prefer to have backups just in case the worst happens)

6. bach3609

bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

May 31, 2009
    You should probably format to FAT 32. Use panasonic formatter as it formats the Micro SD the right correct way.

7. JinTrigger
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Lunesta/Mysteria
    its been corrupt like everyday so I tired the SD formatter and we will see how it works.

8. 8b!T

8b!T Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2006
    Gambia, The
    oO
    never had any corrupted files on any of my two acekard 2i's oO
    and im havin them for about 7-8 months