Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Scroll down slightly and you'll see a tutorial on how to install. Select USB stick and Windows then click "Show Me How". It'll create a bootable USB stick for running the Live CD from or installing

i did

thats for installing it from a usb and i want to install it into a usb

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure but when trying out Ubuntu, you can choose which drive you want to install to, You need at least 3.4GB of free space or something.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
Jamstruth said:

Scroll down slightly and you'll see a tutorial on how to install. Select USB stick and Windows then click "Show Me How". It'll create a bootable USB stick for running the Live CD from or installing

i did

It's the same steps for both, you can boot it straight from the USB to try it out, or you can install from within that as well.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Stevetry said:
Jamstruth said:

i did

It's the same steps for both, you can boot it straight from the USB to try it out, or you can install from within that as well.

yea well i cant even try it out from my usb i did all that it says there but my wont but it to even use the live thing

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
load your live CD and choose to test. Open up GParted (make sure you select your pendrive) and make 2 partitions, one FAT32 or NTFS (this have to be the first, otherwise windows won't recognize) for files to be used on both windows and linux and one EXT3 to install Ubuntu.

When you start installation process there will be a window to select where to install it. Select custom. Your EXT3 partition should be your root and have "/" as mount point and the other can be used as your "/home" folder (like documents and settings).

It's not that difficult, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-