Tutorial  Updated

How to install ReiNX + FreeshopNX [video]

You can be banned if u install FreeshopNX!

Hey guys.

It's my first post in GBATEMP, but I've been in these forums for several years, watching tutorials, curiosities about hacks...
It could be said that I am a fan of hacking consoles. Almost all the consoles that I have had hacking them, I think it's fun for me.

For some time I wanted to do something like this, an easy tutorial so that people who do not have much idea can be guided as easily as possible, so hope that you like it!

I'm from Spain, but I don't speak in the tutorial. I will translate what you need for this tutorial:

• A clip or aluminum foil
  • USB C to connect the Switch to the PC
  • Adhesive tape
  • SD card + 32gb
  • A little patience (you may not connect the pins to the first one, just be patient and adjust the aluminum foil every time it does not work).

Last edited by Gumori,

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
quick tip, don't post on youtube that's how nintendo find you, you're better off posting here or on a forum. Sure Nintendo can still figure out this stuff but the chances are lessened.

Reactions: Gumori

Gumori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
how to get cert banned (video)
To this day I'm not banned. In addition to the tutorial, there are many ways to not detect you that seem to work at the moment.
In the moment you modify a console you assume that you can be banned. For me there is no problem, I didn't plan to pay for the Nintendo online, and I prefer to have any game to pay and also pay online.

<3

quick tip, don't post on youtube that's how nintendo find you, you're better off posting here or on a forum. Sure Nintendo can still figure out this stuff but the chances are lessened.
Oh thanks men!

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys.

It's my first post in GBATEMP, but I've been in these forums for several years, watching tutorials, curiosities about hacks...
It could be said that I am a fan of hacking consoles. Almost all the consoles that I have had hacking them, I think it's fun for me.

For some time I wanted to do something like this, an easy tutorial so that people who do not have much idea can be guided as easily as possible, so hope that you like it!

I'm from Spain, but I don't speak in the tutorial. I will translate what you need for this tutorial:

• A clip or aluminum foil
  • USB C to connect the Switch to the PC
  • Adhesive tape
  • SD card + 32gb
  • A little patience (you may not connect the pins to the first one, just be patient and adjust the aluminum foil every time it does not work).

You'll be completely banned from CDN (Not from online, from the entire CDN). Is it worth it? I mean: You can't update games. You must update your system manually (and do a NAND backup every time in case something goes wrong, and the last update one won't be usable)... And after two days of fun, when you're banned from CDN, you can't use freeshopNX anymore...

Gumori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You'll be completely banned from CDN (Not from online, from the entire CDN). Is it worth it? I mean: You can't update games. You must update your system manually (and do a NAND backup every time in case something goes wrong, and the last update one won't be usable)... And after two days of fun, when you're banned from CDN, you can't use freeshopNX anymore...

You may not be able to use FreeshopNX, but you will be able to use programs such as Switch Backup Manager or CDNSP GUI by BOB (or similars).

In any case, I would like you to tell me what you can do to not be banned. Obviously, if possible, I prefer that Nintendo don't ban me or anyone else, and with these comments like "you'll only get banned" you don't help. Contribute ideas or give solutions to improve all, do not stay with your simple refusal.
And thanks for clarifying that you can keep updating the console even when you're banned, I didn't know it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNX uses an exploit that works on all firmwares of unpatched Switch units.

Seriously?!?! Does this video help me ? Wait.. I am asking for backup games.. That's why I hacked PS4 5.05 from 2.57 FW and everything's working great! I want to do the same for Switch 3.0.0 to play backup games and homebrew. Yes, for both. :)

Gumori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Seriously?!?! Does this video help me ? Wait.. I am asking for backup games.. That's why I hacked PS4 5.05 from 2.57 FW and everything's working great! I want to do the same for Switch 3.0.0 to play backup games and homebrew. Yes, for both. :)
Yep, u can use the video! ^^
If u want, don't install FreeShopNX.
You can skip the part of the video in which I extract FreeShopNX (0:50 - 1:27) if you don't want to be banned under any circumstances.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, u can use the video! ^^
If u want, don't install FreeShopNX.
You can skip the part of the video in which I extract FreeShopNX (0:50 - 1:27) if you don't want to be banned under any circumstances.

I was told that some homebrew such as SNES emulator and others aren't working on 3.0.0. And Some backup games are playable up to 3.0.0 so its best to play the latest backup games is to update the latest version ??

CONFUSION.

Gumori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was told that some homebrew such as SNES emulator and others aren't working on 3.0.0. And Some backup games are playable up to 3.0.0 so its best to play the latest backup games is to update the latest version ??

CONFUSION.

Some games are playable in your version, but many others ask to update the console. this has also been seen in the 3DS.

Right now I'm not at home, but when I get there I'll look for a web where you can see a list of switch games and the version u need to play :3

Reactions: spotanjo3

JazzCat.CL

Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yep, Im in that version ^^
Te importa si te escribo en español?
Necesito hacer algo antes de comenzar a hackear? es que aún tengo mi switch "virgen" y me gustaría comenzar a meterle mano, hago este tutorial y estaría listo para todo? o debería hacer otra cosa antes?

Edit: added google translate

"
Do you mind if I write you in Spanish?
Do I need to do something before I start hacking? is that I still have my switch "virgin" and I would like to start to put hand, do this tutorial and be ready for everything? or should I do something else before?
"

Last edited by x65943,

Gumori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Te importa si te escribo en español?
Necesito hacer algo antes de comenzar a hackear? es que aún tengo mi switch "virgen" y me gustaría comenzar a meterle mano, hago este tutorial y estaría listo para todo? o debería hacer otra cosa antes?

Edit: added google translate

"
Do you mind if I write you in Spanish?
Do I need to do something before I start hacking? is that I still have my switch "virgin" and I would like to start to put hand, do this tutorial and be ready for everything? or should I do something else before?
"
No necesitas nada más, ningún paso previo al vídeo. Es como si la switch del vídeo estuviese "virgen". Ten claro que si instalas FreeshopNX y descargas los juegos puedes acabar baneado, hay formas más seguras como Switch backup manager o el programa que dejo en la descarga, en la carpeta "PC" que se llama CDNSP GUI by BOB, lo que hace es descargar el .nsp que tienes que meter en la SD. La desventaja de no instalar FreeshopNX es que los juegos los vas a tener que instalar en la SD (en FreeshopNX eliges tú dónde los quieres), y que los juegos ocupan el doble porque tienes el archivo que tienes que instalar, y luego el juego instalado, lo que te hace comprar una SD de bastante capacidad. Mejor explicado: imagina que tienes una SD de 32GB y te quedan 10GB libres, metes el .nsp del juego que quieres y este ocupa 7GB, entonces no podrás instalar el juego porque solo te quedan 3GB en la SD. Espero haberme explicado bien, si necesitas más ayuda solo dime ^^

--

Google translate (sryguys):
You do not need anything else, no previous step to the video. It is as if the video switch was "virgin". Be clear that if you install FreeshopNX and download the games you can end up banned, there are more secure ways such as Switch backup manager or the program that you left in the download, in the "PC" folder called CDNSP GUI by BOB, what it does is download the .nsp that you have to put in the SD. The disadvantage of not installing FreeshopNX is that the games are going to have to be installed in the SD (in FreeshopNX you choose where you want them), and that the games occupy twice as much because you have the file that you have to install, and then the installed game , which makes you buy an SD of enough capacity. Better explained: imagine that you have a 32GB SD and you have 10GB free, put the .nsp of the game you want and it takes up 7GB, then you can not install the game because you only have 3GB left in the SD. I hope you have explained me well, if you need more help just tell me ^^

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games are playable in your version, but many others ask to update the console. this has also been seen in the 3DS.

Right now I'm not at home, but when I get there I'll look for a web where you can see a list of switch games and the version u need to play :3

Please let me know thanks!

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread should be titled "How to get your switch banned as fast as possible 2018" This looks fun but it cant be worth a ban

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how would the figure out what switch to ban? no serials were shown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2