Homebrew How to install legit CIA files 9.3-10.3

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple question: Is there a way to find my own private key to sign a CIA and play it without CfW ?
No. Changing a legit CIA stops it from being a legit CIA, and thus unable to be installed.

EDIT: Unless you're signing your own CIA you dumped from your console, but I dunno why you'd want to do that.

Last edited by bones123,
Reactions: sgtPembry

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it even let install the CIA though? It took me to the FBI screen but it wont let me install my mario kart 7 cia
If it doesn't let you, make sure the error says Invalid Command and not Invalid Signature.
It means the app didn't start up right. Just keep trying. When I finally managed to get it working. I got a glitchy "Done" that I saw for 5 seconds when I must of pressed the A button in the first few frames. Then it proceeded to open the file launcher and barely detected my inputs, but it confirms it's finally working.

Note: Be VERY careful with your inputs and pay attention to what you're doing. You can accidentally press L/R and make the app write to NAND and not the SD, which you don't want. Also, if you're installing more than one CIA, be very careful pressing START when you finish installing a CIA due to the botched inputs and you might accidentally input START again and exit the app thus leaving a black screen (not a brick).

Last edited by Tyson TH,

Joedude1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys all doing it on menuhax, or are you trying oothax too?

I'm trying both with lots of tricks and only got it to work once but I didn't have a cia copied to my sd card yet!..

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys all doing it on menuhax, or are you trying oothax too?

I'm trying both with lots of tricks and only got it to work once but I didn't have a cia copied to my sd card yet!..
I can confirm both menuhax and ironhax work. I've heard of people getting ninjhax working and some people attempting oothax. menuhax is the most convenient anyway.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't let you, make sure the error says Invalid Command and not Invalid Signature.
It means the app didn't start up right. Just keep trying. When I finally managed to get it working. I got a glitchy "Done" that I saw for 5 seconds when I must of pressed the A button in the first few frames. Then it proceeded to open the file launcher and barely detected my inputs, but it confirms it's finally working.

Note: Be VERY careful with your inputs and pay attention to what you're doing. You can accidentally press L/R and make the app write to NAND and not the SD, which you don't want. Also, if you're installing more than one CIA, be very careful pressing START when you finish installing a CIA due to the botched inputs and you might accidentally input START again and exit the app thus leaving a black screen (not a brick).
So when I tried installing the cia it did say Invalid Command so if it says this do I just restart and try again?

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Legit CIA games working :yay:. Can i install Updates for those games as CIA file and still enjoy them (also online) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!