Homebrew How to install homebrew in 2DS 11.2.0-35E?

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! I'm new here and I just bought a brand-new 2DS, european version, and it is acctually in version 11.2.0-35... There is any way of installing the homebrew in it using only Pokémon ORAS or Sun and Moon and a Power Saves or doing a downgrade with hardmod? And it is possible to get games for free? I would preffer to do something like that because a Sky3DS+ FlashCard is really expensive here in Brazil...

Thank you all for the attention, and sorry if this is the wrong place for asking.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, there is little hope of getting to A9LH right now on 11.2. If you could get your hands on a second 3DS with CFW and an exploitable DSiWare title, then yes you could. Otherwise, you might be stuck in userland for a while.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is any way of installing the homebrew in it using only Pokémon ORAS or Sun and Moon and a Power Saves
no for homebrew you need the legend of zelda ocarina of time in addition to that powersaves . . .
And it is possible to get games for free?
you need a second console and a dsiware game to downgrade

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be honest, there is little hope of getting to A9LH right now on 11.2. If you could get your hands on a second 3DS with CFW and an exploitable DSiWare title, then yes you could. Otherwise, you might be stuck in userland for a while.

Thanks! I already got an answer elsewhere saying that hardmod downgrade should do trick, is that right?

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you have the tools and experience with a soldering iron then yes thats a great the best option
Well, I have a soldering iron and I can get the other tools... But none experience with soldering, although my girldfriend did a electronics course some years ago. I think she could help me.

@Edit: I just checked the hardmod tutorial and I saw that the soldering part for 2DS is A LOT easier, so I think I will be fine.

Last edited by LeorosDaleborn,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you want free games, you could use emulators like the blargSNES or the Gameyob.
But no 3DS games because you need kernel access.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to downgrade to 9.2 i think, you have to do a hardmod, which requires that you open your 3ds, and do welding,etc.,etc.,there are tutorials on youtube,but i still don't recommend doing it.
Another way to do a downgrade is with a dsi game named fieldrunners, but, the catch is that you need to consoles, one has to have a CFW like Luma3DS installed.
But, if you're still not up to that, you COULD create tickets to download games from the eshop without having to pay at all,(i dont really know about this ticket thing so you gotta investigate,i think it's for older versions than the one you're on)
I hope this comment answered your question.

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But, if you're still not up to that, you COULD create tickets to download games from the eshop without having to pay at all,(i dont really know about this ticket thing so you gotta investigate,i think it's for older versions than the one you're on)
What I read was that using a method with homebrew channel you could create something like the old "True Payment" fake credit cards method to buy things... But I don't know how it works and neither if it's real.

Izzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I read was that using a method with homebrew channel you could create something like the old "True Payment" fake credit cards method to buy things... But I don't know how it works and neither if it's real.
Well, I don't know about installing tickets with only homebrew access, but if you have kernel access (this requires downgrading to 9.2 and installing a CFW) you can download/install them pretty easily.
Tickets are basically a proof that you bought a game. This means you can download any game on the eshop if you have the corresponding ticket.
The best method is to use Freeshop, a CIA homebrew; but again, this requires having a CFW.

For now, what you can do is either downgrade with a hardmod or use the DSiWare method (needs a second 3DS with CFW).

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I don't know about installing tickets with only homebrew access, but if you have kernel access (this requires downgrading to 9.2 and installing a CFW) you can download/install them pretty easily.
Tickets are basically a proof that you bought a game. This means you can download any game on the eshop if you have the corresponding ticket.
The best method is to use Freeshop, a CIA homebrew; but again, this requires having a CFW.

For now, what you can do is either downgrade with a hardmod or use the DSiWare method (needs a second 3DS with CFW).
I will be doing the downgrade with hardmod... But I saw that I will need to buy a game to launch homebrew, and I don't know where I will find money for that. Can I just downgrade and install a CFW without lauching homebrew before installing it?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be doing the downgrade with hardmod... But I saw that I will need to buy a game to launch homebrew, and I don't know where I will find money for that. Can I just downgrade and install a CFW without lauching homebrew before installing it?
You need an exploit game to downgrade.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think you can, Ocarina Of Time is not that expensive, although you will need powersaves to hack it.
Also, what firmware are you on?, at 10.7 you can still use rxTools, which has a downgrade function, then, when you're at 9.2 you can do A LOT of things, like, install cias, tickets, downgrade to 4.1 to install Arm9LoaderHax,(i don't really know about a9lh), etc.,etc...... oh...... what i wouldn't give to be at 9.2.....

LeorosDaleborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think you can, Ocarina Of Time is not that expensive, although you will need powersaves to hack it.
Also, what firmware are you on?, at 10.7 you can still use rxTools, which has a downgrade function, then, when you're at 9.2 you can do A LOT of things, like, install cias, tickets, downgrade to 4.1 to install Arm9LoaderHax,(i don't really know about a9lh), etc.,etc...... oh...... what i wouldn't give to be at 9.2.....
Well, I could get a copy of Ocarina of Time for around 20 dollars here in Brazil, but it would'nt be a European cart and the money is a little short right now because I just bought the 2DS, the official Nintendo case, screen protectors and the powersaves... All from Germany, to save money. All of these are still on the way to my hands, but the person that is going to bring the 2DS for me already saw that the system is version 11.2.0-35E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD