Hacking How to install games to an HDD?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So i got several tabs opened with various tutorials, and i dont know even what to look for or how to do this.
I thought it would be just copy .PKG files on USB and install game to an HDD. Done.... but no!

So anyways, i have PS3 slim with HEN, its cech3003B model.

So i have some games on it that i run from HDD, but thats how i bought it. Now i got some .PKG files and idn how to install them.

Can someone help me, or tell me better way perhaps?

Hhanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't install pkg files to an external hdd unless it's fat32 via game data tool (gamei folder on external). a lot of games don't work for obvious reasons, so it's not worth it. if you want games on an external, best option might be ntfs drive and isos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, if you install directly to an external hdd, it can take over an hour or longer. it's slow as shit, believe me.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
can't install pkg files to an external hdd unless it's fat32 via game data tool (gamei folder on external). a lot of games don't work for obvious reasons, so it's not worth it. if you want games on an external, best option might be ntfs drive and isos.

btw, if you install directly to an external hdd, it can take over an hour or longer. it's slow as shit, believe me.
This ps3 already has some games in "GAMES" folder on HDD. I want that...

plus i dont understand any of these terms and apps on ps3. mmCK, webman....how would i do that, and can i convert pkg files to folders just like they are on my HDD on ps3?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
that's jb games. you don't want that. compatibility is higher with the iso files. use ps3 iso tools/makeps3iso.

So iso, alright, but what to do with the iso file, how to put it on HDD??

Also i kinda deleted the original user and created new one, mine.....did i break the hack?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I think hen is stored on the hdd. you'll have to inject the licenses into that new user if you deleted the old one.

D

Deleted User

For games to be in GAMES folder, they need to be folder format. Once you have the game(s) you want, you can transfer it to internal from a external hard drive formatted to ntsc using an app like managunz or several others. You really only need this format though if one of the files of the folder format is over 4 gb otherwise you can just use Fat32 and you could also if you wanted use that external for more games that you could keep connected to your PS3.

So iso, alright, but what to do with the iso file, how to put it on HDD??

Also i kinda deleted the original user and created new one, mine.....did i break the hack?

no

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I kow you guys know a lot about ps3 but i dontin fact, this is the first time i see one, let alone hacked one.
i must admit that im completly lost and confused. Can someone explain me in laymans term in some order please?

So i basically already have some games on ps3's HDD, in "GAMES" folder.
When i obtain game files, how do i exactly transfer them on ps3's HDD?

Please, just easy instructions and no special terms, and if you must please explain what it is, cause othervise i get confused.
So...step by step.

I mean idk what i want exactly, what method, i just know that i want games to be on HDD and played from there.

no, I think hen is stored on the hdd. you'll have to inject the licenses into that new user if you deleted the old one.
inject? licenses? what licenses??

Last edited by MetoMeto,
D

Deleted User

I'm not sure how to make it clearer, you need to use an external hard drive to transfer it to internal. Other than that you can use ftp but it's slow unless you're using ethernet to the computer and your PS3. Those are the only two options.

Games in the GAMES folder are not installed, they are simply transferred over then you use a loader to read them like Multiman, sman, Webman.

To install games you have to use PKGs then they'll be on the main PS3 menu.

Last edited by ,

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm not sure how to make it clearer, you need to use an external hard drive to transfer it to internal. Other than that you can use ftp but it's slow unless you're using ethernet to the computer and your PS3. Those are the only two options.

Games in the GAMES folder are not installed, they are simply transferred over then you use a loader to read them like Multiman, sman, Webman.

To install games you have to use PKGs then they'll be on the main PS3 menu.
i dont have external hdd, i do have a flash. will that do?

If so, whats the procedure, thats whats not clear to me

D

Deleted User

i hont have external hdd, i do have a flash

That works too but will be slower.

If your game is PKG you will need to install it, if it's a bunch of small files like thousands of files it's not installed you just transfer it to GAMES folder then read it with a loader.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That works too but will be slower.

If your game is PKG you will need to install it, if it's a bunch of small files like thousands of files it's not installed you just transfer it to GAMES folder then read it with a loader.
found some ext hdd..
ok...and how do i do that exactly?

D

Deleted User

found some ext hdd..
ok...and how do i do that exactly?

Format to Fat32 if there's no individual files in the game larger than 4 gb which most games do not have a file larger than 4 gb. I use minitool partition wizard you can use that to format to Fat32 just make sure you choose mbr not gpt when you format. If you wanted to you could just install the games to the external and leave it plugged in it'll work for games too if it's Fat32. Otherwise just transfer them over to the internal GAMES folder via multiman or whatever app you use on your PS3, there are several different ones. Then say you're using Multiman for example you can load the games from Multiman itself.

I apologize, if you're using Hen it might be different. I have CFW I'm not sure if Hen only uses PKGs (I think it does but I've never used Hen myself) so you would have to download PKGs and install them if true. I'm sure someone else would know.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Since you're using Hen disregard everything I've said and get help from someone else. I have CFW which is different.
if youre not sure it will work i can try. i just cant format hdd to fat32 regardless. what should i do?

Anyway, games on this HEN ps3 are in games folder on hdd...

never mind, did not saw when you wrote to use minitool partition wizard.
Anyway ill try...

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Now i cant even start games i have on HDD for some reason. it just freezes. hard reset and than it ran through some restoring the file system...

Can i REhack the console my self from the begining, that way ill learn something perhaps

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now i cant even start games i have on HDD for some reason. it just freezes. hard reset and than it ran through some restoring the file system...

Can i REhack the console my self from the begining, that way ill learn something perhaps
You can use tools to format to fat32.This is one https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/free-fat32-formatter-tool.html
The compatiblity of games is higher if you run from the internal HDD(that is why should change for a bigger one).
You have hen so you have to run it every time.THIS IS THE HACK! YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERY TIME. So if you want an unhacked console. JUST DON'T USE HEN AND VOILA IT IS UNHACKED. PS3 is one of the most easy to hack (and useless).

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can use tools to format to fat32.This is one https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/free-fat32-formatter-tool.html
The compatiblity of games is higher if you run from the internal HDD(that is why should change for a bigger one).
You have hen so you have to run it every time.THIS IS THE HACK! YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERY TIME. So if you want an unhacked console. JUST DON'T USE HEN AND VOILA IT IS UNHACKED. PS3 is one of the most easy to hack (and useless).
I understand all of that, also i formated external hdd to fat32, and tried to install psx games with rap files in exdata folder, but it keeps telling me i need to go to store.
I deleted original user, im thinking thats perhaps the problem?

the flash is inside the port

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E