How to install dlc of vita game ?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Cecilmax, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Hello guys,

I have a game I downloaded from internet that have .vpk file, I know I have to transfer it via ftp to install it. But the game have two additionnal zip, one ending with _addc and other is supposed to be all dlc.

I dont know how to install thoses two ? Any idea ?

I am a bit confused between vpk files and "mai" that require maidumptool to install ? what is the difference ? I dont have "mai" folder in the listing directory. When I have install Henkaky it came with molecularShell, I dont know if it is the right path to install games with vpk or mai format ??

Thanks for your help :)

2. Pony1993

Pony1993 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Difference of mai is that you Install game without using double space

Vpk needs double space

Dlc can be install only after a digital game

Keep in mind only digital games work not physical

3. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    There are currently two known methods of dumping a PS Vita game: via Vitamin by TheFlow or via its Chinese counterpart, MaiDumpTools.

PS Vita games dumped using Vitamin are those which has the file format ".vpk," basically a compression of files, whereas that of Mai is a folder containing a number of files. While many PS Vita games dumped using the latest version of Vitamin (version 2.0) are stable, not all Vitamin-dumped games have great DLC compatibility unlike Mai-dumped games which are highly-compatible. However, triggering on the game's DLC requires you to change the game's loading module via MaiDumpTool (latest version: 233.2zEx), commonly loading module #5. Applying a Vitamin-dumped DLC, on the other hand, is as simple as placing the DLC itself in this folder: ux0:/addcont_plain/*.

Using a PS Vita that runs on the HENkaku exploit, you can install the vpk file as an executable file either via MolecularShell or VitaShell. A Mai dump, however, requires the same tool for its dumping, this time, for installation: MaiDumpTool.

How do you install a Mai-dumped base game, its update, and DLCs?
    - Copy the folders (base game, update, and DLCs) in ux0:/Mai (if it's inexistent, just manually create it on MolecularShell or VitaShell)
    - Run MaiDumpTools (look for the English-patched version)
    - Install the base game
    - Install the update
    - Install the DLC
    - Change the loading module to #5 (common for most games)

Note: Vitamin and Mai dumps are not interchangeable for the most part. If you're installing a Mai-dumped base game, make sure the update and the DLCs are Mai-dumped as well. The same is true with Vitamin-dumped games.

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Mar 12, 2017
    Pacheko17 likes this.
  4. recgame77

recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    sorry but i just bought a vita for my kid on 3.60 ? I tought that only psp game can be played and some homebrew. After reading this post it seems like one can play official sony vita game is that ocrrect ?

5. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Correct. you can play both, ps vita and psp games and with another app you can also play ps1 games. You can also play any new, snes, etc. games with emulator.

recgame77 likes this.
  6. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Like the PSP, the PS Vita is now already hacked. Took several years to do but it's now hacked nonetheless.

recgame77 likes this.
  7. recgame77

recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    Ok thanks i missed the news somehow :)