Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Hello there you fine Gentlemens (and cooler Cowboys) :]

I downloaded PS Vita some Time ago to preserve my Games (i didnt know about dumping) Now I wanted to install them but there is no .vpk file in the Games Folder.

For example, 'Limbo' has this structure:

Limbo/PCSB00336/
Data
mai_moe
sce_module
sce_sys
shaders
Config.xml
eboot.bin ---> (thats a PSP File?)
limbo.boot.pkgpsp2
limbo_runtime.pkgpsp2
titleid.txt (thats funny if you translate it to German:D )

i will spare you the rest...

I wonder if there is a UMDGen Type Programm for Vita Games and i can make my Files a vpk like that?

(UMDGen can 'open up' isos and manipulate them and export them back as iso)

Anyhow i can use these Files with SD2Vita?
(i already have the Vita hacked!)

Thats it but don't tell my i bought all the Games back then,downloaded them,then sold them to someone who wanted them badly and now they are useless to me :D Because my Internet Connection is horrible...

That would be fail of the Day XD

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the game in a folder named after the title id? if not, you need to put it in one (check the param.sfo if you don't know). you're supposed to use the -x command iirc to decrypt a package and not have the files just loose like that. anyway, after that, put the game in the app folder of ux0, and refresh the livearea in vita shell. you should be good to go then. however, make sure it has a work.bin in sce_sys/package . if not, the game will not function. you'll have to get it from nopaystation's website.

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Oh man that Sound weird i have no Idea...

param.sfo gives me Glitch Characters + Paraental Level and the ID (in case of Limbo PCSB00336) and other stuff

Do you have a Source where can get more Info on the other 'things'?
Post automatically merged:

I remember that i downloaded the Games from Archive(i probably can't Post that here) and it was called a "MAIDUMP (Alvro Files)" Archive List

all Games came in .rar btw

Last edited by Rocky_D,

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man that Sound weird i have no Idea...

param.sfo gives me Glitch Characters + Paraental Level and the ID (in case of Limbo PCSB00336) and other stuff

Do you have a Source where can get more Info on the other 'things'?

I remember that i downloaded the Games from Archive(i probably can't Post that here) and it was called a "MAIDUMP (Alvro Files)" Archive List

all Games came in .rar btw
if it's a mai dump, get another download. use pkgj instead, which might be the best idea. it will download and install to the console.

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
if it's a mai dump, get another download. use pkgj instead, which might be the best idea. it will download and install to the console.
Another download is sadly no Option,because my Network can do 12.5 Megabytes an hour :D Downloading them was realy cool Chance i took back then (i was able to do 40gb in 24 hours!)

If i can make them work with some effort then i am willing to do it^_^

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another download is sadly no Option,because my Network can do 12.5 Megabytes an hour :D Downloading them was realy cool Chance i took back then (i was able to do 40gb in 24 hours!)

If i can make them work with some effort then i am willing to do it^_^
alright, if it's a mai dump, try creating a vpk by compressing everything into a zip file (make sure the title id folder is present, which you found the title id in the param.sfo, so make that the base folder and put everything inside). then, zip it up. afterwards, rename .zip to .vpk. a vpk is just a zip file afaik, so this may or may not work. it won't hurt the system if it doesn't work, it will just give an error in vita shell.

edit: okay, I just checked, do not create that base folder. the files need to be loose with a vpk, sorry.

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
alright, if it's a mai dump, try creating a vpk by compressing everything into a zip file (make sure the title id folder is present, which you found the title id in the param.sfo, so make that the base folder and put everything inside). then, zip it up. afterwards, rename .zip to .vpk. a vpk is just a zip file afaik, so this may or may not work. it won't hurt the system if it doesn't work, it will just give an error in vita shell.

edit: okay, I just checked, do not create that base folder. the files need to be loose with a vpk, sorry.
I took my Limbo.rar and renamed it Limbo.vpk and also took the PCSB00336.zip (from inside Limbo.rar) and changed it to .vpk but both just gave me Error 0xFFFFFFFFE. :(

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
are the files loose in the PCSB00336.zip?
Yes,they are (You can check them out if you want if you google "PS Vita Maidump Archive") (only if you want of course)

i have a lot of things in there exactly the ones i posted on top.It looks like this:

PCSB00336 (inside is the following)
Data
mai_moe
sce_module
sce_sys
shaders
Config.xml
eboot.bin
limbo.boot.pkgpsp2
limbo_runtime.pkgpsp2
titleid.txt

but in none of these folders or files is a vpk file :/

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah i've got it to work! :D

I wanted to get a PS Vita SDK and try to match up everything with it,but that would have been...different. Thanks to my good Resource Management I found a forgotten about Tool named 'MaiDumpTool' and it is in Chinese or something o.O
But a Video showed what to do and the Guy had it in English for some Reason.

What i did was:

install MaiDumpTool
put my PCSB00336 Folder in ux0/Mai
opened MaiDumpTool and clicked the 2nd Option,PCSB00336 was shown,clicked O and O again
The Tool installed it in a few Seconds!
(Why the Hell did my Fond change in here all of a sudden?)
I can Play now,with saves and reboots i tried it :D
THATS REALY COOL! THANK YOU AGAIN veraci_00 it's gonna make some Peaple HAPPY :D

! YES :D !

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Update:

Mai seems to have problems with Folders she doesnt like,i am trying VitaShell now.Simple by Scrolling on my Games Folder->HitmanGO->[TitleID Folder]->press Square->more->Install Folder->and it installs :] Now it works with all Games i have tried!

new example Game : Guacamelee!
I had to extract the Guacamelee!.rar
open the Guacamelee! Folder wich has a .zip file named after the TitleID of the Game
unzip this and you get a (TitleID)Folder
This goes into ux0/Mai/Guacamelee! (You can create the Game Folder)

So its ux0/Mai/Guacamelee!/PCSE00033

Now open VitaShell and Go to the Mai/Guacamelee!/PCSE00033 and hit Square on it then Triangle->more->Install Folder

This now works with most Games that i tried but few give me Error0x80870005

Maybe there is a solution for this as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright