Hacking How to install/Add Updates & DLC to game in iso format

XaneTenshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys
So, I have a PS3 game in what I think is called the "JB" format (PS3 game folder), and the game also comes with DLC and update files, in the form of .pkg files. I have used a guide to convert the PS3 game folder to a .iso format using PS3 ISO TOOLS as that supposedly have much better compatibility and now I want to "install" this with Multiman. Biut before I do that...

I haven't the slightest clue how to go about adding the update and DLC files to the game. Normally as these are .pkg files, I'd simply install them using the Package Installer, but I'm not sure this would actually work as I am not actually installing the game to the HDD, but simply placing a a copy of the iso file and mounting it with Multiman.

How do I do this?

Also, is there a thread on this forum where people new to PS3 hacking can ask "noob" questions? I don't want to start a new thread every time I need help.

1willmeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Hello.. please I download call of duty Modern Warfare 3 pkg and rap file. I downloaded the dlc but when I install it the dlc doesn’t show in the game. Please any help

DeskSpider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello.. please I download call of duty Modern Warfare 3 pkg and rap file. I downloaded the dlc but when I install it the dlc doesn’t show in the game. Please any help
Have you installed the pkg file and used reActPSN to activate it using the rap file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a way to install directly with the ISO, but it's not required. it's using either the PS3_EXTRA folder or PKGDIR on the root of the folder game, then turning that into an ISO. aldostools has an app for ps3 extra. here's what he says: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/create-ps3-extra-how-to-use.16306/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do note, I've never tried it. I just know of both methods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro