1. itsnep

OP itsnep Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I wanted to trade pokemon between gen 1/2 vc games without having to pester my friends, and since I have multiple 3ds systems I figured I could just toss my account on an older one and download my games again, however it specifically said you can't have the same account on multiple systems. In a way, I get why, but at the same time it's really silly. It's not like piracy, I purchased the games once and I should be able to put them on whatever systems I want. I wound up buying another silver version, but is there any way to actually get around this? I figure cfw/homebrew can, but would it be possible to simply copy the contents of my SD card and put them on another one to get the game on different systems?

2. CosmicTacoCat

CosmicTacoCat Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If I recall, the only way you can play your digital games on another 3DS is system transfer.
    The contents of an SD card belonging to one 3DS won't work on another 3DS without a system transfer.

It should be easy to get a game on both systems if you use CFW.

Last edited by CosmicTacoCat, Aug 23, 2020
  3. am714

am714 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    It wouldn't be possible because of per-console encryption. If both your console are modded you could dump the game as a .cia
    (or just change the serial code of the second console, cfw needed, so it would allow you to login to the NNID, ok don't do this IDK if Ninty would ban for it)

4. CosmicTacoCat

CosmicTacoCat Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, I'd go with the cfw and .cia route.

am714 likes this.
  5. itsnep

OP itsnep Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks guys!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - purchased, multiple, Systems