Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried your guide for downgrading my Wii to 3.2E (currently on 3.4E), but I've problems with cios_fix.wad.

After installing HBC I installed ios16 with the normal Wad Manager. After this I try to install cios_fix with the custom Wad Manager (for IOS16) but it gives me the ret = -1022 error on content #5. If I try to install the cios_fix with the normal Wad Manager it gives me the same error. Before I begun installing I ensured that there was no IOS249 installed (looked with AnyTitle Deleter).

The following IOSes where installed before I tried to install cios_fix:

MIOS
BC
SYSMENU

Maybe worth mentioning: After cios_fix failed there was a IOS249 (thanks to cios_fix)

Anybody any idea?

damj

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
could you PM me this link that sounds so great
wink.gif
?

By the way, does it also runs on 3.4E, since previous message seems to report an error ?

Thanks in advance, great job !

digi247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would just like to thank all the contributors on this thread so far as i have managed to learn how to downgrade and upgrade my wii, the only thing missing is the actual installer if some kind soul could send me a lnk for download or Big Moe if you are around it would be very much appreciated. thanks
bow.gif

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dannyboy_676 said:
What do I have to do to uninstall HBC and keep the Backup Launcher? If playing backups is the only thing I wanna do.
The only way to uninstall HBC is to reformat your Wii.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum* said:
QUOTE said:
as MamaTJ told you ,you have to have Winrar and Admin Permissions to be able to extract the files

I have both. As I said earlier, the file comes as a .download and then somehow transforms into another file which requires you to "run" it (exe). No exctracting was ever involved in this process. I didn't get a RAR Archive file or anything, just one file. >_<
Not sure what to tell you Platinum, maybe try redownloading the file. It will be an .exe file and when you double click it newer versions of windows will ask if you want to "run" it, then it will open a Win Rar self-extracting window telling you to click to install or browse for a different folder to install it to. When you click install it will put all of the files where ever you told it to put them. If that's not what is happening I would delete the original file you downloaded and try from scratch.
Good Luck
smile.gif

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MamaTJ said:
dannyboy_676 said:
What do I have to do to uninstall HBC and keep the Backup Launcher? If playing backups is the only thing I wanna do.

That means I will lose backup launcher as well.
Anyway, what else are the consequences of reformatting? And how do I do that?
Regards,
DC

digi247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dannyboy_676 said:
MamaTJ said:
dannyboy_676 said:

Regards,
DC

the consequence of reformatting is well you lose everything including game saves, But if you must go to the wii menu and settings and the option is on the 3rd page Format Wii

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dannyboy_676 said:
MamaTJ said:
dannyboy_676 said:

Regards,
DC
Yes you'll lose the launcher as well, it's like uninstalling TPH. I believe you'll also lose all saved game data, Wiiware and virtual console games. I'm not sure you'll have to look it up but I think if you bought them you can save the data to your SD card and be okay but if you d**loaded them that won't work and you'll lose them. If you want to reformat you go in to Wii settings, if I remember right it's the last setting. Just curious... why is it so important to get rid of it? It really doesn't hurt anything just sitting there.
wink.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I want to hack my best friend's Wii, and I was thinking about using this application... is it easy to use? Also, do I HAVE to install Starfall and all that other crap? All I want is HBC for WiiWare/VC and Backup Loader.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I want to hack my best friend's Wii, and I was thinking about using this application... is it easy to use? Also, do I HAVE to install Starfall and all that other crap? All I want is HBC for WiiWare/VC and Backup Loader.
It's very easy to use if you can read and follow directions. If you do run in to trouble the support here is great!
I guess you wouldn't "HAVE" to install Starfall but if you read what it does I don't know why you wouldn't "WANT" to install it.
smile.gif

As for "all the other crap", if you don't want Wiishop, Emulators, Internet Browser etc. then you don't need to install them.
P.S. Try not to call something "crap" that people have worked so long and hard on just for the benefit of others to enjoy
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm looking for a link as well.

And by "crap" I meant other things my friend won't find useful. I never meant to say the emulators and stuff are "crap". He just won't care for them.

jstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for the link to Big Moe's installer. Also.
Had 3.3U and installed HBC w'/ Twilight Hack (btw, copies of this game are very rare on the shelves, but i digress). Looking to run Softchip so I can play Rock Band 2 with my Rockband 1 instruments.
cheers

DOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well guys i now you here to solve some problems,but............there aren´t any for me!EHEH!Just followed BIG MOE´S tut and that´s it,no worries,no errors,no thrills,you just made me a happy guy!
Thank you all for your time helping people and speccially thank YOU BIG "FAST" MOE for making me happy!See u soon guys,i´ll try to get in to this so i can help too!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ctran said:
whats (ret = -1) ????? Thats the error i keep getting on IOS Downgrader.

EDIT: i was looking and on one of them there was the erro (ret = -10076) wtf?
blink.gif

run the program again
wink.gif

Scarfish said:
I tried your guide for downgrading my Wii to 3.2E (currently on 3.4E), but I've problems with cios_fix.wad.

After installing HBC I installed ios16 with the normal Wad Manager. After this I try to install cios_fix with the custom Wad Manager (for IOS16) but it gives me the ret = -1022 error on content #5. If I try to install the cios_fix with the normal Wad Manager it gives me the same error. Before I begun installing I ensured that there was no IOS249 installed (looked with AnyTitle Deleter).

The following IOSes where installed before I tried to install cios_fix:

After cios_fix failed there was a IOS249 (thanks to cios_fix)

Anybody any idea?
use Anytitledeleter and remove IOS249 and run the Cios_fix again , be sure internet is on and Wii rebooted first
wink.gif

Platinum* said:
as MamaTJ told you ,you have to have Winrar and Admin Permissions to be able to extract the files

I have both. As I said earlier, the file comes as a .download and then somehow transforms into another file which requires you to "run" it (exe). No exctracting was ever involved in this process. I didn't get a RAR Archive file or anything, just one file. >_<
the installer is an exe file that you have to run the first one to install the files on the desktop and the second one to install the files on the SD Card , right click on and run as Administrator in vista and it should work
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MamaTJ said:
dannyboy_676 said:

why ?? what ?? where ?? how ?? if TPH and HBC where just to add extra look to your Wii we would have told you not to install it to start with , so let me explain in raw language
Wii+TPH+HBC=Wii with homebrew+Emulators+loaders+customWADS+lots of fun
wink.gif

Wii-TPH-HBC=Wii plain raw and boring
wink.gif

so it's up to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOT said:
Well guys i now you here to solve some problems,but............there aren´t any for me!EHEH!Just followed BIG MOE´S tut and that´s it,no worries,no errors,no thrills,you just made me a happy guy!
Thank you all for your time helping people and speccially thank YOU BIG "FAST" MOE for making me happy!See u soon guys,i´ll try to get in to this so i can help too!
you are very welcome buddy
wink.gif
please come back for any help

QUOTE(MamaTJ @ Jan 5 2009, 11:49 PM) QUOTE(War @ Jan 5 2009, 04:47 PM)
It's very easy to use if you can read and follow directions. If you do run in to trouble the support here is great!
I guess you wouldn't "HAVE" to install Starfall but if you read what it does I don't know why you wouldn't "WANT" to install it.
smile.gif

As for "all the other crap", if you don't want Wiishop, Emulators, Internet Browser etc. then you don't need to install them.
P.S. Try not to call something "crap" that people have worked so long and hard on just for the benefit of others to enjoy
smile.gif
yeah Mama tell him wassup
wink.gif
hahahaha WAR don't get Mama angry she is too sweet , and I'm sure you didn't mean it that way hahahahahaha;) any way check your PM buddy it's there
wink.gif

PS: PLEASE TO ALL MEMBERS , IF YOU WANT THE LINK JUST PM ME AND KEEP THE THREAD JUST FOR HELP COMMENTS AND THANKS
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious