Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

Dinz

Trophies
XP
Country
can't seem to find the link to your installer anywhere mate.

Cansomeone with the link please PM me? can't wait to get started. So excited ^^

gdok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can BigMoe or someone with the file download link please PM me the link. It looks like BigMoe not only put this great tut together, but he also supports it. Doesn't get better than that. Thanks ahead of time BigMoe. Can't wait to try this out.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
enjoy

So basically, I replace the boot.dol with the one in the download, and once its done the set-up, I switch back the original one so I can have Wad Manager? But happens to the .elf? do i need to put it back? Thanks for the assistance!
moogle.gif

EDIT: So i'm done hte installation, right? I mean my problematic part.. I don't run it once more (TwilightPrincess), right? Which step do I start off from now, skipping to the installation of the CIOS Fix and the IOS38 stuff? Thanks for the help!

*EDIT: Okay, I made it up to the Cios downgrade because I got errored when testing the network or whatever. Help?

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djkassen said:
Big Moe's Channel for Gamma loader with error 002 fix?

How to install this can't find a way
Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(Gamma Autoboot Fix002 H1-BM50) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .

gamalon72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a few ?'s for Big Moe, or anyone else with time and willingness to help. I've been reading through the forums and trying to get as much info as possible, so if i've missed answers to my ?'s, it's due to a lack of time to really dig deep into this, so bear with me. I'm a little late to the table, having version 3.4U (shame on me, but now I know better). However, I do have HBC (latest) installed, although backup launcher doesn't play my backups. Could this be due to the un-hacking-friendly nature of 3.4, and should I use Big Moe's downgrade? My main reason for hacking is for game backups and possibly emulators. Does HBC remain if I downgrade? Any advice anyone can give is deeply appreciated. I will keep digging through the forums as my free time permits. Thanks in advance!

theauth0r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use cios downgrader and go to down to to 3.2 + starfall

QUOTE said:
*Prepair Wii Console For Downgrade:

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
PS:if you get error = -1035 please follow these steps to solve it ( thanks to OLVAP337 for this infos )
- First run anytitle deleter and skip errors and if u see ios249 try deleting it is uncessfull (probably)
- try with cios_uninstaller v1.1 (also fail probably)
- then use cios_uninstaller v1.0 (sucess probably)
- then install ios 16 with wad manager and cios_fix with custom wad manager
- then continue steps
3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)

------------------------------------------------------

*Downgrade/Upgrade Wii:

in this step we are going to downgrade or upgrade to 3.2 because it is the highly
recommended version especially with the ability of installing Starfall with it
(NOTE: if you want other versions it's up to you , you can choose to)

- Go to HBC and run (4-Cios Downgrader 1.2) and you can choose the version you want to
downgrade/upgrade to , the best choice is 3.2 and be sure it matches your region

there is also working hack for 3.4 flying about somewhere, but i think the majority stick with 3.2.

follow the guide and you wont go wrong
smile.gif

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iTookUrNick said:
Hopefully someone will be able to help me:

I have the latest 3.4 PAL fw + wiikey. No Homebrew channel. I am trying to run the twilight hack (latest beta2) for the first time.

The problem is: when I try to copy from the SD card, it just informs me that the data was not copied. period.

Why is this? Better yet, how do I work around it?

Tnx in advance

PS: sorry if this has been answered already. I did look around for answers, to no avail.

This should have been added to the first post as I've experienced this problem as well. The answer is simple, like the problem: You're using the wrong .bin file. if one doesn't work, it's the other. 2 were included, one for 3.3, and one for 3.4. Simply get the .bin named "TwilightHack3.4" and rename it to the same name as the file that didn't work (delete that one after). Also, while renaming, I made a complicated yet simple mistake. It took me a while to figure out, but just in case it still doesn't work, double check to sure that you didn't rename it as "_____.bin". Just "______" since the .bin is automatic and unnecessary. Btw, I don't literally mean "____", i just forgot the name ^-^' Good luck!

P.S: Still waiting on an answer to my question.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MamaTJ said:
Platinum
Do you have the internet configured on your Wii? If not, that may be why you got the error on the network.

There's a large gap between the two words 'newbie' and 'stupid'.
Obviously, if it means network error, I should check my internet connection (which I obviously have). And for the record, the connection was fine. "connection was successful. Would you like to update your Wii?"

Sorry to seem harsh (I know you're trying to help), but that was such an obvious thing to do. T-T'

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Platinum* said:
MamaTJ said:
Platinum
Do you have the internet configured on your Wii? If not, that may be why you got the error on the network.

Obviously, if it means network error, I should check my internet connection (which I obviously have). And for the record, the connection was fine. "connection was successful. Would you like to update your Wii?"

Sorry to seem harsh (I know you're trying to help), but that was such an obvious thing to do. T-T'

Yet many people forget it. That is a very common issue. Where are you at now?

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jytach said:
Platinum* said:
MamaTJ said:
Platinum

Yet many people forget it. That is a very common issue. Where are you at now?

well, as you might have noticed, no one has arisen with a proper answer to my question, so I'd guess that i'm still at the same point.
moogle.gif

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks BIG MOE!! I hadn't noticed that the health warning had been removed when the Wii powers on till your reply. So, Yes Starfall did install. i have a new question though. I installed both of the wads that were with your pack that were supposed to be for Softchip. I now have 2 new channels. One is just black and the other has your avatar logo. Was I supposed to install both of them or not? I was a little confused with instructions on that part I guess. They both will load a backup, or original game. The biggest problem with this is, now I cannot load Guitar Hero 3 off of the original Nintendo disc channel. It is not a backup copy. I also installed Starfall at the same time too, so I don't know which may have caused it. I don't know, but there may be other games as well. I have not tried any more. Its not a huge deal to me, but I would like to fix it if I can. My kids play the Wii and I don't want them to have to do too much fiddling with it cause they might screw something up, and then the wife will have a fit. LOL.

Wasp_Box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem upgrading to 3.2

Hi, I'm running 3.1E and have successfully installed TP hack and HBC with no problems. Next tried to upgrade to 3.2E with a view to loading Starfall.

Went to HBC and ran (4-Cios Downgrader 1.2). Programme appears to be loading then just crashes out to the health screen. No error messages or anything exciting like that!

My WiFi connection is weak in this part of the house - is this likely to be the problem or do I need to upgrade to 3.4 and then go through the downgrade process - this seems intuitively wrong.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Platinum* said:
well, as you might have noticed, no one has arisen with a proper answer to my question, so I'd guess that i'm still at the same point.
moogle.gif

As you might have noticed, there are many pages until your posts, which are not clear btw, and it's perfectly normal to try something else when waiting for an answer. Also you might have noticed that many people are asking for help here, so nobody will read all your posts.
Stop being sarcastic and answer our questions if you want help.

QUOTE(Wasp_Box @ Jan 14 2009, 05:19 PM) Problem upgrading to 3.2

Hi, I'm running 3.1E and have successfully installed TP hack and HBC with no problems. Next tried to upgrade to 3.2E with a view to loading Starfall.

Went to HBC and ran (4-Cios Downgrader 1.2). Programme appears to be loading then just crashes out to the health screen. No error messages or anything exciting like that!

My WiFi connection is weak in this part of the house - is this likely to be the problem or do I need to upgrade to 3.4 and then go through the downgrade process - this seems intuitively wrong.

Delete the HBC and TPH (just to make it safier, you can leave it there if you want) using the Data Management menu, then you update it to 3.4 and follow the tutorial step by step again.

Wasp_Box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. This means that:

*Downgrade/Upgrade Wii:

in this step we are going to downgrade or upgrade to 3.2 because it is the highly
recommended version especially with the ability of installing Starfall with it wink.gif

- Go to HBC and run (4-Cios Downgrader 1.2) and you can choose the version you want to
downgrade/upgrade to , the best choice is 3.2 and be sure it matches your region wink.gif.

is wrong for 3.1?

I'm interested in clarifying this as I have noticed quite a few people having trouble with 3.1 to 3.2 upgrades. If you search you find a number of possible answers including the use of AnyRegion Changer (?). I'm reluctant to upgrade to 3.4 but if it's the only solution to get to 3.2 then away we go.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wasp_Box said:
Thanks for the reply. This means that:

*Downgrade/Upgrade Wii:

recommended version especially with the ability of installing Starfall with it wink.gif

downgrade/upgrade to , the best choice is 3.2 and be sure it matches your region wink.gif.

is wrong for 3.1?

I'm interested in clarifying this as I have noticed quite a few people having trouble with 3.1 to 3.2 upgrades. If you search you find a number of possible answers including the use of AnyRegion Changer (?). I'm reluctant to upgrade to 3.4 but if it's the only solution to get to 3.2 then away we go.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

There must be other ways, but this is the only one that I have tested and know that work.
Starfall must use system 3.2, if you don't want it you can stay on 3.1, that's why it says "all versions"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...