BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MattSpec said:
when i load the 2nd one it just hangs when i talk to the man. when i use the first gamesave it loads the wadmanager1.3 instead of installing the homebrew channel. the fix was to replace the boot.dol file and delete the boot.elf. but when i try to load the hack it hangs and ass for a boot.elf file.

ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
enjoy

THANKS you guys for trying to help , it's very nice of you and you are a great support , SORRY for the lack of support from my side for the last couple of days cause I'm really busy and the Installer V3 is in final testing stages now hopping for New Year Eve release to Wish all of you Happy Hacking New Year
wink.gif

amniwars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guyz
i was wonderin if i need 2 do all of this cuz i have juss downloaded hbc using twilight hack
i then added backup loader and gecko os
but after i backed up my games and burned them to NEXXTECH DVD-R they still dont work
is there a problem with my media, or have i used the wrong techniques?

Ace DiJital

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the Wii and new to softmod. I have read the guide and all 18 pages of post. I think I am ready to try this.

Should I wait until instaler v3 is released?

I don't have the wii hooked up to the internet, do I need to for this to be sucessful? If so, can I do it with dial up (34 kbs)

I think this site is awesome, and I think Big Moe is awesome, so much that this is the first forum I have ever joined, ever. This seem like a nice community.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
amniwars said:
hey guyz
i was wonderin if i need 2 do all of this cuz i have juss downloaded hbc using twilight hack
but after i backed up my games and burned them to NEXXTECH DVD-R they still dont work
to check if the setup is right just run an original game via the loader and if it works means the loader is setup right and you have a media issue
wink.gif

QUOTE(Ace DiJital @ Dec 29 2008, 07:33 AM) I am new to the Wii and new to softmod. I have read the guide and all 18 pages of post. I think I am ready to try this.

I don't have the wii hooked up to the internet, do I need to for this to be sucessful? If so, can I do it with dial up (34 kbs)

I think this site is awesome, and I think Big Moe is awesome, so much that this is the first forum I have ever joined, ever. This seem like a nice community.

you can use V2 for now or wait till V3 release on New Years Eve it's up to you
wink.gif
Internet connection is a must have and the speed is not much of an issue
wink.gif
and you are very welcome to the community
wink.gif

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace DiJital said:
I am new to the Wii and new to softmod. I have read the guide and all 18 pages of post. I think I am ready to try this.

Welcome Ace DiJital!
I was just like you, new to Wii, new to softmod, read the whole guide (3 times I think lol) before I got the courage to join and the first forum I ever joined!
Thanks to the awesome people on here (especially you Big Moe!) I've now hacked 3 Wii's! There's not a question they can't answer, you'll be glad you joined!

amniwars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so i dont have 2 use this technique?
and also is the wad manager needed if i juss download hbc using twilight hack
and then put the other apps on my sd?
thats wat i did so is the wad manager needed?
have i done things rite
and lol this is my 1st forum as well thnx alot big moe for ur excellent explanation
i wouldve definetily came here if i hadnt started hacking b4

DOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,BIG "FAST" MOE,some noob questios:
-The ISO´S that i´ve down-----d are ready to burn?Or they need some kind of patch?(i´m from europe,so,i´ve down-----d PAL games)
-What´s the meaning of "scrubbed"?
-Do ntsc games will work,or it´s not recomended 4 me?

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
amniwars said:
have i done things rite
and lol this is my 1st forum as well thnx alot big moe for ur excellent explanation

Please, avoid using "rite, 2 use, b4, juss". This is your first forum, so you might not know it, but people are a bit intolerant about that.
The Wad manager will install .wad files to your wii. Try not to delete the .wads as you will have to use them again if you ever want to uninstall. And don't remove the wad manager as well, you will need it whenever you want to use the .wads
The HBC is basically a channel that will run system code without the Twiligh Hack (of course you still it need to install). It loads .dol files and won't do anything such as installing wads. It's just a faster way to get into the wii system, without running a game, TH i.e.

QUOTE(DOT @ Dec 29 2008, 07:08 PM) Hi,BIG "FAST" MOE,some noob questios:
-The ISO´S that i´ve down-----d are ready to burn?Or they need some kind of patch?(i´m from europe,so,i´ve down-----d PAL games)

1. BL 0.3 Gamma and Softchip currently support 1:1 copies (you don't need to patch them). - PAL question on answer 3
2. The wii discs must have 4,3 GB (4.700MB) so if the game has only 1,3 GB, you still need 3GB of "null" data. The scrubbed games compress that null data. They are smaller, but will not work in many cases.
3. If you run a ntsc game on a pal wii, it will try to install the ntsc channels, and you might end with a brick. If you install some options of starfall you can avoid this issue, but you still have to deal with the NTSC video. The BL Gamma have an option called FORCE PAL, which can help you with that. And you can also use an app called GECKOS. Do a search about them
wink.gif

Cool to see you're from portugual
smile.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MamaTJ said:
Welcome Ace DiJital!
I was just like you, new to Wii, new to softmod, read the whole guide (3 times I think lol) before I got the courage to join and the first forum I ever joined!
Thanks to the awesome people on here (especially you Big Moe!) I've now hacked 3 Wii's! There's not a question they can't answer, you'll be glad you joined!
well I'm so greatfull to have you here
wink.gif
and I'm glad that you've joined , and I'm always here to be of any help you might need
wink.gif
and your success in modding is very advanced
wink.gif
so keep it up my dear
smile.gif

amniwars said:
have i done things rite
this is a step by step ultimate tutorial to hack your Wii console (softmodding) and if you've installed any parts of the hack you can finish the rest from here , and as I said to check your work out run an original game and see , if it works that means your backups should works if the backups doesn't work and the original did work that means you need to reinstall Cios for Gamma and go over yor steps again
wink.gif
to have a WadManager is very important for two reasons :
1- to help install/uninstall Wads ( and keep all installed Wads in wad folder for later on if you need to uninstall it ) and for that you have to have it under apps in WadManagerv1.3 folder and the installer does this for you anyway
wink.gif
2- to run with Starfall recovery menu and that happens when boot.dol of the WadManagerv1.3 is in the root of your DS Card and the installer set it that way but in some cases for unknown reason yet we have to replace it with boot.dol from HBC to install it then we have to put it back after install and delete the HBC Boot.dol
wink.gif

DOT said:
Hi,BIG "FAST" MOE,some noob questios:

thanks for the title
wink.gif
and as Jytach said now there is no need to patch any games ( decrypting ) cause loaders support unpatched ( undecrypted ) games , me personally don't like scrubbed games ( those games are cleaned from updates and dummy files ) and I'm a great supporter to get same region games as your console , however it all should work with some config adjustment in some cases
wink.gif

QUOTE(delesr @ Dec 29 2008, 08:28 PM)
Just finished installing everything and works great...thx to Big Moe and the team
yaypsp.gif

and you are very welcome , and happy holidays to you from me and the team
wink.gif

DOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Obrigado Jytach pela ajuda!Thanks BIG MOE,things are getting clear,tell me,Zelda will not be here before new year´s,so if you´re going to release v3 then,i will try that one...i would like your advice to this issue...Cumps,DOT!

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious Big Moe, will your new release have things that those of us running the old one need to update?

I'm also still having trouble with 2 games. They are the onlu 2 Pal games that I have (simply because I couldn't find the NTSC backup anywhere!) I've tried running them both through the 2 channels and also tried going in to HBC and running it through the Gamma loader and forcing NTSC. When I run it and force NTSC I can see the wrist strap screen (it seems to be in black and white) but it flips or rolls. I've tried several different files of each game and each time I get the same results
wacko.gif
Do you think I may have something loaded wrong?

olvap377

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please sombody help me. I am willing to make a video if i have too. Please. I had a 3.3 us system and i tried to use this tut. and it didnt work so i updated to 3.4 and that didnt help.

*Prepair Wii Console For Downgrade:

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)

that part always stops workin at number 2 and ive tried everything using both wad managers and tried skipping and everything. It still dosent work. I havent found a solution anywhere. Please help me. I even tried formatting memory and was saddend to see it remained at 3.4. Soo i think i am out of options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you in advance Olvap377.

amniwars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
amniwars said:
hey guyz
to check if the setup is right just run an original game via the loader and if it works means the loader is setup right and you have a media issue
wink.gif

original games work and then i used a TDK DVD-R but it still doesnt work what am i doing wrong?

h3xer33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did you thing installed homebrew, it updated and I have the latest homebrew, I am on 3.1U. I go to do the cIOS downgrader 1.2, but when I click it it just restarts the wii. Any tips?

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
olvap377 said:
Please sombody help me. I am willing to make a video if i have too. Please. I had a 3.3 us system and i tried to use this tut. and it didnt work so i updated to 3.4 and that didnt help.

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of

that part always stops workin at number 2 and ive tried everything using both wad managers and tried skipping and everything. It still dosent work. I havent found a solution anywhere. Please help me. I even tried formatting memory and was saddend to see it remained at 3.4. Soo i think i am out of options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you in advance Olvap377.

Is your wii connected to the internet via the HBC when you open the wad manager? (you can check it on the lower right corner).
Also, say what is not going right. It's hard to help if you say "It's not working".

amniwars said:
BIG MOE said:
amniwars said:
hey guyz
wink.gif

original games work and then i used a TDK DVD-R but it still doesnt work what am i doing wrong?

Try a Verbatim or Sony DVD-R. Burn at the highest speed you can using ImgBurn and make sure u're using a NTSC game (if u have a NTSC wii).

QUOTE(h3xer33 @ Dec 30 2008, 05:21 AM)
I did you thing installed homebrew, it updated and I have the latest homebrew, I am on 3.1U. I go to do the cIOS downgrader 1.2, but when I click it it just restarts the wii. Any tips?

I would update to 3.4 and then follow the tutorial.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olvap377 said:

I can't help with any of the technical details but I was at 3.3U on one Wii and 3.4U on 2 Wii's and used this tut to do all 3 so I know it works. Sometimes we get too stressed out and go too fast. Maybe try reloading the files Big Moe sent you and then try again following each step 1 by 1. Take a deep breath, relax and don't give up! Hopefully one of the pros will be on soon for the tech stuff!
Good luck!

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheeeesh Jytach I did it again, so sorry!! I must be typing my post the same time you do. I didn't mean to step on toes just trying to encourage untill one of you get here
smile.gif

olvap377

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx man its just now i lost all my vc games and my saves and i was really hoping it would work. Il keep hoping and waiting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gq68u-f6X0