1. BIG MOE

OP BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery [​IMG] enjoy

THANKS you guys for trying to help , it's very nice of you and you are a great support , SORRY for the lack of support from my side for the last couple of days cause I'm really busy and the Installer V3 is in final testing stages now hopping for New Year Eve release to Wish all of you Happy Hacking New Year [​IMG]

2. amniwars

amniwars Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey guyz
    i was wonderin if i need 2 do all of this cuz i have juss downloaded hbc using twilight hack
    i then added backup loader and gecko os
    but after i backed up my games and burned them to NEXXTECH DVD-R they still dont work
    is there a problem with my media, or have i used the wrong techniques?

3. Ace DiJital

Ace DiJital Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am new to the Wii and new to softmod. I have read the guide and all 18 pages of post. I think I am ready to try this.

Should I wait until instaler v3 is released?

I don't have the wii hooked up to the internet, do I need to for this to be sucessful? If so, can I do it with dial up (34 kbs)

I think this site is awesome, and I think Big Moe is awesome, so much that this is the first forum I have ever joined, ever. This seem like a nice community.

4. BIG MOE

Syria
    you can use V2 for now or wait till V3 release on New Years Eve it's up to you [​IMG] Internet connection is a must have and the speed is not much of an issue [​IMG] and you are very welcome to the community [​IMG]

5. MamaTJ

MamaTJ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Welcome Ace DiJital!
    I was just like you, new to Wii, new to softmod, read the whole guide (3 times I think lol) before I got the courage to join and the first forum I ever joined!
    Thanks to the awesome people on here (especially you Big Moe!) I've now hacked 3 Wii's! There's not a question they can't answer, you'll be glad you joined!

6. amniwars

amniwars Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    wait so i dont have 2 use this technique?
    and also is the wad manager needed if i juss download hbc using twilight hack
    and then put the other apps on my sd?
    thats wat i did so is the wad manager needed?
    have i done things rite
    and lol this is my 1st forum as well thnx alot big moe for ur excellent explanation
    i wouldve definetily came here if i hadnt started hacking b4

7. DOT

DOT Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi,BIG "FAST" MOE,some noob questios:
    -The ISO´S that i´ve down-----d are ready to burn?Or they need some kind of patch?(i´m from europe,so,i´ve down-----d PAL games)
    -What´s the meaning of "scrubbed"?
    -Do ntsc games will work,or it´s not recomended 4 me?

8. Jytach

Jytach GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    1. BL 0.3 Gamma and Softchip currently support 1:1 copies (you don't need to patch them). - PAL question on answer 3
    2. The wii discs must have 4,3 GB (4.700MB) so if the game has only 1,3 GB, you still need 3GB of "null" data. The scrubbed games compress that null data. They are smaller, but will not work in many cases.
    3. If you run a ntsc game on a pal wii, it will try to install the ntsc channels, and you might end with a brick. If you install some options of starfall you can avoid this issue, but you still have to deal with the NTSC video. The BL Gamma have an option called FORCE PAL, which can help you with that. And you can also use an app called GECKOS. Do a search about them [​IMG]

Cool to see you're from portugual [​IMG]

9. delesr

delesr Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just finished installing everything and works great...thx to Big Moe and the team [​IMG]

10. BIG MOE

Syria
    and you are very welcome , and happy holidays to you from me and the team [​IMG]

11. DOT

DOT Newbie
    Newcomer

Obrigado Jytach pela ajuda!Thanks BIG MOE,things are getting clear,tell me,Zelda will not be here before new year´s,so if you´re going to release v3 then,i will try that one...i would like your advice to this issue...Cumps,DOT!

12. MamaTJ

MamaTJ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm curious Big Moe, will your new release have things that those of us running the old one need to update?

I'm also still having trouble with 2 games. They are the onlu 2 Pal games that I have (simply because I couldn't find the NTSC backup anywhere!) I've tried running them both through the 2 channels and also tried going in to HBC and running it through the Gamma loader and forcing NTSC. When I run it and force NTSC I can see the wrist strap screen (it seems to be in black and white) but it flips or rolls. I've tried several different files of each game and each time I get the same results [​IMG] Do you think I may have something loaded wrong?

13. olvap377

olvap377 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Please sombody help me. I am willing to make a video if i have too. Please. I had a 3.3 us system and i tried to use this tut. and it didnt work so i updated to 3.4 and that didnt help.

*Prepair Wii Console For Downgrade:

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
    (IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
    2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
    select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
    3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
    turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)

that part always stops workin at number 2 and ive tried everything using both wad managers and tried skipping and everything. It still dosent work. I havent found a solution anywhere. Please help me. I even tried formatting memory and was saddend to see it remained at 3.4. Soo i think i am out of options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you in advance Olvap377.

14. amniwars

amniwars Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    original games work and then i used a TDK DVD-R but it still doesnt work what am i doing wrong?

15. olvap377

olvap377 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    bup post above please help

16. h3xer33

h3xer33 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did you thing installed homebrew, it updated and I have the latest homebrew, I am on 3.1U. I go to do the cIOS downgrader 1.2, but when I click it it just restarts the wii. Any tips?

17. Jytach

Jytach GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I would update to 3.4 and then follow the tutorial.

18. MamaTJ

MamaTJ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can't help with any of the technical details but I was at 3.3U on one Wii and 3.4U on 2 Wii's and used this tut to do all 3 so I know it works. Sometimes we get too stressed out and go too fast. Maybe try reloading the files Big Moe sent you and then try again following each step 1 by 1. Take a deep breath, relax and don't give up! Hopefully one of the pros will be on soon for the tech stuff!
    Good luck!

19. MamaTJ

MamaTJ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sheeeesh Jytach I did it again, so sorry!! I must be typing my post the same time you do. I didn't mean to step on toes just trying to encourage untill one of you get here [​IMG]

20. olvap377

olvap377 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    thx man its just now i lost all my vc games and my saves and i was really hoping it would work. Il keep hoping and waiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installer, Console, Dummies