Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
Hmmmmm question... I used my SD card and did the TPH on my mom's Wii. She just tried to play a backup game through the Gamma channel that I know works (I tested it om mine) and she just gets a black screen, then she has to hard boot it. I was going to copy my SD card on to one for her but haven't done it yet. To load through the channel does she still need the SD card in?

sorry my dear for a late answer but I was suppose to get my phone today cause they don't have it in any local t-mobile store for some reason ( nokia n95 ) and they promised a loaner by tomorrow
frown.gif
, so I have to wait , now for your dear moms Wii the SD Card is not needed to run the Gamma from the Channel but it's needed to run the Gamma from HBC so if it doesn't work try to reinstall Cios for Gamma and it will be even better to install Ios36 Rev7 from my buddy Waninkoko that should do the trick
wink.gif
and I'll check with you tomorrow my dear , so smile and have a warm night and a lovely delightful dreams
wink.gif

Thanks Big Moe, so sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your phone
cry.gif
I'll be gone from 4:00 for a few hours but then will be home. As for the the Gamma loader ( I was running it from the channel) do I need to install Cios for Gamma plus Ios36 Rev7 or just one? Should I install Ios36 Rev7 on the other Wii's as well? If I do, should I uninstall Cios for Gamma? Sorry for so many questions
shy.gif
Maybe if I understood what a Ios and Cios were and what they did I wouldn't be such a "dummy" in this area
tongue.gif
Have a great day Big Moe!!

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MamaTJ said:
MamaTJ said:
Hmmmmm question... I used my SD card and did the TPH on my mom's Wii. She just tried to play a backup game through the Gamma channel that I know works (I tested it om mine) and she just gets a black screen, then she has to hard boot it. I was going to copy my SD card on to one for her but haven't done it yet. To load through the channel does she still need the SD card in?

sorry my dear for a late answer but I was suppose to get my phone today cause they don't have it in any local t-mobile store for some reason ( nokia n95 ) and they promised a loaner by tomorrow
frown.gif
, so I have to wait , now for your dear moms Wii the SD Card is not needed to run the Gamma from the Channel but it's needed to run the Gamma from HBC so if it doesn't work try to reinstall Cios for Gamma and it will be even better to install Ios36 Rev7 from my buddy Waninkoko that should do the trick
wink.gif
and I'll check with you tomorrow my dear , so smile and have a warm night and a lovely delightful dreams
wink.gif

cry.gif
I'll be gone from 4:00 for a few hours but then will be home. As for the the Gamma loader ( I was running it from the channel) do I need to install Cios for Gamma plus Ios36 Rev7 or just one? Should I install Ios36 Rev7 on the other Wii's as well? If I do, should I uninstall Cios for Gamma? Sorry for so many questions
shy.gif
Maybe if I understood what a Ios and Cios were and what they did I wouldn't be such a "dummy" in this area
tongue.gif

Both cIOS will install as IOS249. If one is working, you don't need to try the other one. Just make sure that you have installed the cIOS (36 rev7, from Wiigator Gamma or Waninkoko). If it is not, install it. If it is, try the other one.
If you need any help with installing them, post here and I will try to help.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
MamaTJ said:
MamaTJ said:

frown.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

cry.gif
shy.gif
tongue.gif

Both cIOS will install as IOS249. If one is working, you don't need to try the other one. Just make sure that you have installed the cIOS (36 rev7, from Wiigator Gamma or Waninkoko). If it is not, install it. If it is, try the other one.
If you need any help with installing them, post here and I will try to help.

Thanks Jytach! 2 of the 3 are loading fine so I guess I will leave those be. I must have loaded it wrong on the 3rd one so I will have to reload it. I didn't have a backup game to test it with when I did it the first time. Now Mom is making a fuss because we are all playing and she can't
hate2.gif
I suppose I better go fix that cuz when Mama ain't happy... ain't NO ONE happy
tongue.gif
Thanks again!

spacemansp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
spacemansp said:
I have followed this all the way through and installed most everything ok.
I can play games fine and everything but when I try to have a backup launcher channel, it always reboots my wii, i tried the forsaken on included in the pack and several others....

any ideas for me to try out?

i am at 3.2U with starfall installed as well.

install Ios36 rev7 from waninkoko it should work better with the channel
wink.gif
i was able to install the ios 36 rev 7 but the backup launcher channel still reboots
frown.gif

any more ideas?

MattSpec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay it seems that i have been able to get everything except this hbc that everyone is talking about
tongue.gif
i dont have an extra channel on my wii menu ive installed the loader gama which appears, the internet channel i added and the softchip loader. ive tried running the twilight hack but it never installs a "homebrew channel" pretty much ive installed everything that i was able to from wadmanager 1.3 any idea how i can get the homebrew channel to show?

thanks
smile.gif

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I will try to help BIG MOE, since he is having some problems. Hope he doesn't mind =)

MamaTJ said:
Thanks Jytach! 2 of the 3 are loading fine so I guess I will leave those be. I must have loaded it wrong on the 3rd one so I will have to reload it. I didn't have a backup game to test it with when I did it the first time. Now Mom is making a fuss because we are all playing and she can't
hate2.gif
I suppose I better go fix that cuz when Mama ain't happy... ain't NO ONE happy
tongue.gif
Thanks again!

Assuming you downgraded to 3.2U and installed Starfall/HBC and the loader channel, this is most-likely the case. You can try to load a non-backup game on it, if it doesn't work, this must be the problem. Don't forget that some cIOS installers need the original IOS on the SD card, and others (like the one in big moe's pack if I am not wrong) need an internet connection on your wii. Try the installer on this tutorial (just do the step you already did on your wii again). It should work.

spacemansp said:
i was able to install the ios 36 rev 7 but the backup launcher channel still reboots
frown.gif

any more ideas?

Try to load a non-backup disk with the loader. If it loads, then you might have a problem with your media/burner. Also try Softchip Backup Loader, and if you are using a channel, try to use it from the HBC. If you are running a PAL game on an NTSC wii (or vice-versa) use the FORCE xxx option (might be unavailable on the channel). Post the results here please.

QUOTE(MattSpec @ Dec 28 2008, 08:32 PM)
okay it seems that i have been able to get everything except this hbc that everyone is talking about
tongue.gif
i dont have an extra channel on my wii menu ive installed the loader gama which appears, the internet channel i added and the softchip loader. ive tried running the twilight hack but it never installs a "homebrew channel" pretty much ive installed everything that i was able to from wadmanager 1.3 any idea how i can get the homebrew channel to show?

thanks
smile.gif

You did it wrong. You should use the TH to install the HBC only, not the wads. You should run the Wad Manager from the channel.
BIG MOE's installer boot.dol and boot.elf will load the Wad Manager and not the HBC installer on some wiis, and this must be your case. Read the first pages of the topic, I remember reading something about it on the 3-4 page.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you downgraded to 3.2U and installed Starfall/HBC and the loader channel, this is most-likely the case. You can try to load a non-backup game on it, if it doesn't work, this must be the problem. Don't forget that some cIOS installers need the original IOS on the SD card, and others (like the one in big moe's pack if I am not wrong) need an internet connection on your wii. Try the installer on this tutorial (just do the step you already did on your wii again). It should work.

Thanks again Jytach will run over there and try this later today!

MattSpec said:
tongue.gif

You did it wrong. You should use the TH to install the HBC only, not the wads. You should run the Wad Manager from the channel.
BIG MOE's installer boot.dol and boot.elf will load the Wad Manager and not the HBC installer on some wiis, and this must be your case. Read the first pages of the topic, I remember reading something about it on the 3-4 page.

Try using this TPH to install the HBC http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack part way down the page is the "Download" spot, just pick the one for your version of Wii. I've read a couple places that this one will install easier for some. Good luck!

dreamer_cast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks BIG MOE for the tip, I ended up installing the gamma loader and wad manager channels both successfully, it works great.....I tried Starfall but could not get past the initial screen, but no worries, all is good, thanks!

dreamer

MattSpec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks mamatj, it looks like that would be the the key to fixing it however when i try to load it is hangs when asking for a boot.elf file ive deleted both files as directed but it now asks for the.elf

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MattSpec said:
thanks mamatj, it looks like that would be the the key to fixing it however when i try to load it is hangs when asking for a boot.elf file ive deleted both files as directed but it now asks for the.elf

When you try and load the Homebrew channel? I may be confused (it definately wouldn't be the first time!) but the HBC will only load in to a channel on your main screen when you do the Twilight Princess hack. Is that when it hangs, when you're doing the TPH?

Yatesnonose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.. I just got a wii for christmas so i'm assuming it is NTSC. I just bought a used zelda from gamestop to perform the HBC installation.. I noticed that my disc says JPN on the inside ring. I read something at one point about "regioning" your system. Is that only for modchips? I haven't run any other game on my system yet - it is brand new. Do I need to use a USA version of zelda to keep the NTSC? Or will it be okay as long as I use the JPN data file for installation? Thanks a bunch!

Yatesnonose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question.. which version cIOS does your installer come with and will this version work with DVD dumper or wiihttp dumper? Or do I need a different cIOS for those? Thanks!

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MattSpec said:
yes it hangs when it is loading the code when talk to the man in twilight princess

Sorry I had to run out for a bit. Have you tried to load both of the saved game files in TP? There are 2 and it sounds like you're using the wrong file. Use the one that matches the last 2 numbers on your TP disk code.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yatesnonose said:
I have a question.. I just got a wii for christmas so i'm assuming it is NTSC. I just bought a used zelda from gamestop to perform the HBC installation.. I noticed that my disc says JPN on the inside ring. I read something at one point about "regioning" your system. Is that only for modchips? I haven't run any other game on my system yet - it is brand new. Do I need to use a USA version of zelda to keep the NTSC? Or will it be okay as long as I use the JPN data file for installation? Thanks a bunch!

The JPN is a USA disc and will work fine with the TPH. Like you said, just use the JPN file. As for your other question, sorry but I have no idea, hopefully one of the pros will be back on soon!
Good Luck!

MattSpec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i load the 2nd one it just hangs when i talk to the man. when i use the first gamesave it loads the wadmanager1.3 instead of installing the homebrew channel. the fix was to replace the boot.dol file and delete the boot.elf. but when i try to load the hack it hangs and ass for a boot.elf file.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MattSpec said:
when i load the 2nd one it just hangs when i talk to the man. when i use the first gamesave it loads the wadmanager1.3 instead of installing the homebrew channel. the fix was to replace the boot.dol file and delete the boot.elf. but when i try to load the hack it hangs and ass for a boot.elf file.

I will try to explain it better.
You are using a Wad Manager boot file, while you should be using a HBC one. It's hard to make a single pack that will work on every wii. Big Moe's one will not run the HBC on some setups, yours i.e. Therefore, you need to do it manually.
Delete both boot.* from your sd card root, and download the official HBC channel boot file. (http://hbc.hackmii.com/)
Then you use the TH to load that file and install the channel.

After that, you should copy those two boot files again. They can be used with starfall to recover from a semi-brick.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MattSpec said:

Ahhhh okay we're outta my league then, sorry
frown.gif

Big Moe- where oh where art thou??
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hang in there I'm sure one of the pro's will be on soon! In the mean time I would backup what you have on your SD card and try the other TPH from the addy I gave you from scratch, that one should work fine.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
MattSpec said:

Ahhhh okay we're outta my league then, sorry
frown.gif

Big Moe- where oh where art thou??
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hang in there I'm sure one of the pro's will be on soon! In the mean time I would backup what you have on your SD card and try the other TPH from the addy I gave you from scratch, that one should work fine.

Sorry Jytach I didn't see your post (must have been writting mine) didn't mean to step on your toes, I was just trying to help untill one of you showed up
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?