How to go 4.0u sofmodded to 3.2u virgin?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Raziel5000, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009
  1. Raziel5000
    OP

Member Raziel5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am having some minor annoying issues with my system and just want to downgrade to 3.2u and start fresh with my softmods. i am also chipped. and my wii is a LU55. any help would be grateful. I also searched and found lots of threads but got confused on what was currently the best option. Thanks in advance!

2. koffieleut

Member koffieleut GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Well I've tried Anyregion_changer but that doesn't seem to overwrite the ios at the right way. I've also screwed up my wii. it won't let me to the SD card option in the save area. It also gives me a lot of DSI errors.

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There is no real need for you to downgrade back to 3.2. What do you mean by "start fresh" anyway? It'll be a lot easier to install the latest updates of your stuff instead of going through the trouble of uninstalling, downgrading, reinstalling, and updating things.

4. madeirabhoy

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

i was about to ask a similar question. having upgraded to 4.0 following the 'ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide, Backup Loaders Disc Channel USB' i am now unable to install the usb 2.0 bits that get mplayer ce working properly to show videos from usb hard drive. Should i downgrade, and if so how do i do it?

5. koffieleut

Netherlands
    the problem is, Some thing went wrong i think. Updating the ios'es doesn't change anything to my problems. also tried to downgrade the ios'es, but it only downgrades ios37, no others. Help please. Virgin guide didn't work so.

6. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you have any minor annoying issues you search for that specific issue and figure out how to fix it. "Starting fresh" and just doing the same thing you did before won't fix anything. Go from where you're at now and actually search for what exactly you want to fix.

7. koffieleut

Netherlands
    To get rid of these anoying DSI errors, and to recover my save games from SD without a FSoD, choosing an other IOS didn't do the thing.