• Likes 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about this? In the video there is a guy that is already on firmware 3.60 and all he does is put the files on the ps vita for vhbl and then restores the system so vhbl shows up once you go through the initial ps vita setup. The only thing is the person who has the actual files charges 10 euros for the package of vhbl files for 3.60 firmware.

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H
How about this? In the video there is a guy that is already on firmware 3.60 and all he does is put the files on the ps vita for vhbl and then restores the system so vhbl shows up once you go through the initial ps vita setup. The only thing is the person who has the actual files charges 10 euros for the package of vhbl files for 3.60 firmware.

he is charging for the restore files

David Combs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am not going to pay to get this done tonight I will create a second account is there anyone on here that would be willing to create a backup for me I will give you the creds for the account please

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was going to pay for it so I could create accounts and help others for free but since that won't work I'm not going to

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So if this did work for one what we could do is buy one copy of the restore and just share the file from a Dropbox on this thread and that would help some people. But that is only if it works.

the_miah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if this did work for one what we could do is buy one copy of the restore and just share the file from a Dropbox on this thread and that would help some people. But that is only if it works.

Iffen I understand it correctly the backup file is tied to the PSN account which is why they need to either get a person's original PSN login(not recommended) or create a brand new account. The backup cannot be shared across multiple Vitas unless the units are tied to the PSN account.

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iffen I understand it correctly the backup file is tied to the PSN account which is why they need to either get a person's original PSN login(not recommended) or create a brand new account. The backup cannot be shared across multiple Vitas unless the units are tied to the PSN account.
That would make sense but take a second to watch the video and it says it's a restore file. So big downside is that it takes a reformat. It dosent have anything about linking an account. But I'm not sure.

David Combs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am Pretty sure you are right the only way is with an exploitable vita and creating a new bubble for each account

the_miah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would make sense but take a second to watch the video and it says it's a restore file. So big downside is that it takes a reformat. It dosent have anything about linking an account. But I'm not sure.
yeah if you look through the comments someone mentions you specifically can't do what you wanted to try. Energy//Modding is one of those guys selling the service that caused this thread in the 1st place, so obviously they're not going to explain everything completely since it would hurt the bottom line.

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's working using the method that they are selling and they are just keeping it secret to make money......

Alanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello my vita is 3.60 is possible even unlock it? or just have a way to pay for these guys the unlock?

Sorry for my english
Thanks

David Combs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is possible only for homebrew (vhbl) but you have to have someone who has a vita with exploitable firmware create a bubble and back it up to your account then restore it to your 3.6 vita

Reactions: Alanzin

Baller22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone got in touch with Energy//Modding? From what I read so far I need to buy his files right?

I've tried Skype, email, and every other method to try to contact this guy

Im confused as to why the video by Rohit Saini really only shows him copy and pasting a file into his ps vita, can someone clarify?

Yes it is possible only for homebrew (vhbl) but you have to have someone who has a vita with exploitable firmware create a bubble and back it up to your account then restore it to your 3.6 vita

ok I understand somewhat, but what exactly is a "custom bubble"

Last edited by Baller22,

the_miah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the bubble for your screen that starts vhbl.

Someone correct me if I don't have it all quite right, but basically Sony has the security tied down so tight ~3.60 or a bit before that you can't install anything non-sony approved ATM.

So a guy w/ an older firmware vita creates a new PSN account on his machine then installs vhbl & the custom bubble needed. Then he sends the file along with account info to owner of the FW3.60 machine.

The FW3.60 owner logs into the new account & does the backup process. That gets vhbl & the custom bubble onto the machine & around the copy protection of the newer firmware.

EDIT: FYI...for this method(account swap) it means that if you have a pre-existing account with purchased games, trophies, what-have-you, you'll lose it & be starting from scratch. I'm not familiar enough on the details if a person can swap between logins on a single Vita w/o Sony throwing a fit.

Last edited by the_miah,

David Combs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the bubble for your screen that starts vhbl.

Someone correct me if I don't have it all quite right, but basically Sony has the security tied down so tight ~3.60 or a bit before that you can't install anything non-sony approved ATM.

So a guy w/ an older firmware vita creates a new PSN account on his machine then installs vhbl & the custom bubble needed. Then he sends the file along with account info to owner of the FW3.60 machine.

The FW3.60 owner logs into the new account & does the backup process. That gets vhbl & the custom bubble onto the machine & around the copy protection of the newer firmware.

Basically yes he signs into the account creates a backup on the new account I highly recommend that if you do this don't use your primary account or any account with money in the wallet or a credit card attached

Alanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I know no one here with exploitable vita (unlocked) has some other way?
Anyone here could create this bubble to me, what would it take?

VHBL would be perfect because I want to emulate SNES, NES, GBA, etc.
Thank you

Baller22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically yes he signs into the account creates a backup on the new account I highly recommend that if you do this don't use your primary account or any account with money in the wallet or a credit card attached

THANK YOU!!, so much for clarifying I was very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!