Tutorial How to fix the HomeBrew Browser in six easy steps!

Do you use Homebrew Browser

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

kenshinali01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is a tutorial on how to fix the HBB. I have seen a lot of people on Wii Chatter asking about this problem, so i'm making this post.

Step one: Put your SD Card in your computer (unless you have WiiExplorer, which you can fix it with).
Step two: Open your SD Card and go into apps, then the Homebrew Browser folder.
Step three: Open the file called "settings.xml" with Notepad.
Step four: find the text "setting_server="0" .
Step five: change the 0 to 1.
Step six: put the SD Card in your Wii and go to HBB and voila! It works!

I hope this guide helped. Though I suggest using WiiBrew for getting apps from. They have a much more up-to-date library of apps and you really don't need to be on PC for that either. Just go to WiiBrew on PC and download WiiBrowser, an internet browser that can download files (not to be confused with WiiExplorer). The version on HBB is out-of-date. I also suggest WiiExplorer (again, the version on HBB is out of date), a file browser for Wii. It has many uses and I have used it tons of times. Hope this helps!

NOTE: (edited April 2nd, 2017) The regular repo is back up, but it's best to use the secondary repo.
hello it did work but then i formatted my sd to ntfs to add my ios files but then nothing was there.
then i formatted it again to fat 32 and it still didnt work pls help me.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hello it did work but then i formatted my sd to ntfs to add my ios files but then nothing was there.
then i formatted it again to fat 32 and it still didnt work pls help me.
I don't understand, IOS files don't have to be on an NTFS filesystem, you can install them just fine with FAT32.

If by "nothing was there" you mean your files were gone, well, that's what happens when you format a drive.

Reactions: Alexander1970

kenshinali01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't understand, IOS files don't have to be on an NTFS filesystem, you can install them just fine with FAT32.

If by "nothing was there" you mean your files were gone, well, that's what happens when you format a drive.
no i mean the ios files were too big for fat 32 and my files in homebrew were gone

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a tutorial on how to fix the HBB. I have seen a lot of people on Wii Chatter asking about this problem, so i'm making this post.

Step one: Put your SD Card in your computer (unless you have WiiExplorer, which you can fix it with).
Step two: Open your SD Card and go into apps, then the Homebrew Browser folder.
Step three: Open the file called "settings.xml" with Notepad.
Step four: find the text "setting_server="0" .
Step five: change the 0 to 1.
Step six: put the SD Card in your Wii and go to HBB and voila! It works!

I hope this guide helped. Though I suggest using WiiBrew for getting apps from. They have a much more up-to-date library of apps and you really don't need to be on PC for that either. Just go to WiiBrew on PC and download WiiBrowser, an internet browser that can download files (not to be confused with WiiExplorer). The version on HBB is out-of-date. I also suggest WiiExplorer (again, the version on HBB is out of date), a file browser for Wii. It has many uses and I have used it tons of times. Hope this helps!

NOTE: (edited April 2nd, 2017) The regular repo is back up, but it's best to use the secondary repo.
Post automatically merged:

This didn’t work for me still get error not initiating

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30