Gaming How to fix my burner?

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my laptop i have been burning discs for a while, and it has been working just fine, even a couple of days ago I burned something. But now all of a sudden it stopped working, I have tried going into Device Manager and reinstalling it, and also disconnecting and reconnecting the Drive. Any help would be appreciated cause im stumped O.o

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a hardware failure rather than a software problem. I don't think it's something you could fix by yourself so you'd have to send it to the manufacturer or go to a computer store.

You used your burner too much and it burned out, get it? *is shot*

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i burned every now and then (couple of days). I only burned maybe 20 to 35 discs total with the burner so far
tongue.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try burning a CD instead of a DVD. If it burns fine then it points to a dead DVD burning laser (the CD burning laser is separate).

The next thing I would try (whether the CD burning succeeds or fails) is to boot up with a Linux Live CD (any will do nowadays). Then try burning a DVD in there. If it fails then it is surely hardware failure.

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't burn anything.. When i start up any burning program like imgburn it just says either "connect a burner" or "no writers detected"
I am just confused because my laptop has the dvd drive connected but it won't detect any discs i put in it, and im pretty sure that its also a burner (if thats possible).

I also just tried a system restore with no luck :/

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually a good sign since it means that there is a possibility it is software related. Try the Live CD and let me know how it goes. Windows System Restores are junk and can't fix a lot of things so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on