Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
My headphones are crap.

One speaker works, but the other doesn't.

wats more is theres only one wire that goes into the left speaker, and from there leads another wire to the right speaker.
I don't understand why the right speaker isn't having problems when the left one is, and they're sharing the same line.

There are also no breaks in the insulation and taken apart, all the wires/copper remain soldered, intact to the speaker.

From time to time if I move my wire, sound returns, but if I move it to the same position after letting go, it won't work.

So WTF is going on and how does me fix it?

GreatWisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think its fixable. I've had that problem countless times i just buy a new headphones on eBay for less than 1$. It's cheap and it last for awhile

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's the single most common problem that comes up with headphones. It'll typically happen to every pair of headphones sometime during its life. For me, that typically means around a year if I take it travelling... or around 3 years if it's only used at home. For some of my friends who use them with their fancy ipods, it happens every few months.

One solution is to find the curve in which it starts working again then tape it up in position. That doesn't last long. Another solution is to cut open the wire at that point, find the fracture, and try patching it up. It lasts longer, but you've got to have a lil confidence in electronics to be able to strip a wire without damaging it. Best solution is as above: bite the losses and buy some new ones.

Tip for prolonging headphones: never tightly wrap up the wire. Use a loose hoop when it's not in use, one that can save space without risking fracture in the wire. Or just use wireless/bluetooth headphones.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Before I read the replies I was thinking Dealextreme...

I went to go check my account balance online to see how much I was limited to, I think the bank had closed my account because I haven't used my card in over a year. :\

I might go pick me up some wireless headphones at Walmart maybe...

The past two years I've gone through 6 pairs of headphones.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Somehow I've kept the same Skullcandy headphones for the last 2 and a half years... the cuishins are really cracked up and one side no longer holds its length properly, but the sound is still just as great as when I first bought them.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 pairs of koss porta pro headphones. one pair i've owned for over 7 years and it just started failing, the sound isn't gone but it crackles a bit, i will be returning it for repair (lifetime warranty). the other one works perfectly and i've had for almost 6 years.

i've had two other porta pros, one got stolen when i was back in school and one i lost at the beach. they sound great and they seem to last forever.

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Try taking the headphones apart (usually not possible), theres probably a loose wire somewhere. This has happened to me before, so i got some new in-ear phones from amazon for £5 and there working much longer than my other one did. It just happens...

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's why I buy expensive headphones, mine cost me £30 though I know not everyone has money to splash on headphones. I know I bought a pair of orange in ear headphones from eBay that lasted me about 6 months, the sound was great and everything. They only broke because my friend was drunk and she pulled them apart. Bitch she owes me £3.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
The problem about in-earphones... they don't fit in my ears. Same for normal earphones, they just keep falling out no matter what I try. Headphones FTW!
I have the same problem, that's why I bought Heartbeats 'cause they have 5 different sizes. Mine fit perfectly now. It was always my right ear though, never my left. It's a bit strange really.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't buy earphones, they hurt my ears, sometimes the pain lingers. Kinda like anal sex where you can still feel the pain days after. ;D

I bought some new headphones, they were $5.
http://www.viewpoints.com/Magnavox-Foldabl...ews?tab=details

They're pretty cheap, and the sound quality can't compare to the prev-pair.
Its what I should have expected from Magnavox, but my grocery store didn't exactly have a selection parallel to BestBuy/Walmart.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jolan said:
Same. If only there was a way to splice 2 pairs of headphones together in to create a new pair, more resistant to this kind of problems, everything would be perfect.
I have pondered similar thoughts.

Or the lazy way is to get two pairs and a splitter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.