Hacking How to Fix DUAL CHANNELS

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone ever tested it? The idea has been brought up countless amount of times but nobody has ever done it. Is it worth losing all the save files (especially the ones that can't be copied to SD) and VC games an thighs like Opera.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that will revert the firmware as well.

Meaning you have to update again and then just end up with dual channel again.

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have VC you can re download them from the Wii Shop channel, i doubt it goes to originial firmware. but if it does that is good then you can do the 15 % trick

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that will revert the firmware as well.

Meaning you have to update again and then just end up with dual channel again.
If "Firmware" updates are stored in the same way as save games and downloadable content like channels/VC Games, then there is something very wrong.
This should NOT revert the firmware to an older version.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that means virtual console channels, and other downloadable ones such as internet channel, doubt you'll be able to delete your double channels, and I'm sure people have tried before

rabhw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't it make sense to test something like this instead of making a thread title as bold as this, despite people having done this and confirmed it not to work?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
doesn't work. I formatted my wii once when i got wiikey and i had double channels before it from mp3. And they didn't disappear.
You can always try by yourself if you want.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
This is pretty old, it's been tried many times beofre and has never worked, I wish it did though, I have the duplicate channels v.v;.

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
>>As the channels are added into the firmware.

Hmm...interesting discussion. I've gotten my hands on a NTSC-J wii set with wiikey and it has got 3 weather & 3 news channels (2 dupes which apparently do not work..)

Are we able to downgrade the firmware and reupdate again? My NTSC-J is running fw 3.1J (when I initialise the wifi, it connects straightaway to Nintendo website, and displayed the firmware updating [of which i switched off my wifi connection])

Should I update the firmware (i know there are no revision numbers, so it's kinda hard to know what firmware it'd be..)

Has anyone encountered the similar situation as me?

Cheers!

uschghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t get what you have against the double channels.
I mean who needs all the free sppace in wii menu if you have a wiikey you´ll probably use emulators
instead of using the virtualconsole.
And personaly i think it looks cool to have the japanes wetherchannel with all the japanes
signs, it makes it look more geekie
wub.gif

Anyway sonner or later the homebrew community will find a way to delete your doublechannels so just relax
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free