Hacking how to fix Banner Brick

likeryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi~.

i have korean wii (3.3k) .. i update USA animal crossing... so my wii now banner brick

first caution screen( this screen language is English).. and . Press A... and freeze... :-

i have modechip ( d2sun 3 , d2pro 3)

i make autoboot TP. disc ..

i enter ServiceMode.. ServiceVersion is 3.3k

..... but can't read any disc.. originael Korean Disc.. wii backup disc 1.3(=restore disc ) .. autoboot TP disc ( this disc testing other will = working right)

i change my modechip setting usa , kore, d2c2,d2c... etc... but ..any can't read..

do you have any infomation ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You dont have a banner brick - you have a region brick.
A banner brick is from installing an incorrect wad - you updated with an incorrect region - its a lot harder to fix this.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
can you not put cios downgrader in root of sd card and run it with TP hack then install the 3.2k?

EDIT

after entering recovery mode obviousley

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
system menu 3.3 does not support trucha discs plus his modchip does not support autoboot discs...
so you will have to get a modchip that does support autoboot or wait for a game to be released with a 3.4 update on it....

-Kitt050383

Source: http://savemii.net/

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Since you now have 3.3U, test ntsc-u version of twilight princess..

If you still have twilight hack in your wii, you can fix it using TP hack but with NTSC-U version of the game.... make sure you patch it as autoboot...

You can't run any of the modified discs unless you previously downgraded the ios used by the system menu...

You can fix it using a Korean game that has 3.4 update too...(though no such game exists yet I guess..)

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone. i have 3.2e, and no modchip. i have a banner brick from mplayerwii wad. i have starfall, but i dont have the hack which enables autobooting, but i have recovery mode hack. oh and ive deleted my twilight hack save. was wondering is it too late to install a presoldered wiikey and wiiclip so i could autoboot hbc chennel from a dvd?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patrickv said:
hi everyone. i have 3.2e, and no modchip. i have a banner brick from mplayerwii wad. i have starfall, but i dont have the hack which enables autobooting, but i have recovery mode hack. oh and ive deleted my twilight hack save. was wondering is it too late to install a presoldered wiikey and wiiclip so i could autoboot hbc chennel from a dvd?

Yes since you removed your TP Hack you will need to Mod-chip it, Wii Key will do fine, This will enable autoboot disc,
just download a Autoboot Wad Manager they worked fine to remove the wad that bricked your wii,

GnatGoSplat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patrickv said:

N00b here. I was just curious, how does an app like mplayerwii cause a banner brick? What exactly causes a banner brick and is there any way to prevent it?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Correct me if I'm wrong, those of you who are more knowledgeable, but any wad/channel can cause a banner brick if the banner[the logo you see on the screen] has bad dimensions. It's not specific apps that cause it. You can't stop them from happening if you get a bad wad, but you can severely reduce the chance by using good, well known dumps, or well made wads. Also, use WADder to roll your own channels if you're extremely paranoid.

To recover from one, you generally use Zelda or some other booting method to boot wad manager to remove the bad wad[you still have to have a copy of the wad on your SD card].

Again, if I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm willing to learn.
smile.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah that'll do
smile.gif

Best bit of advice that can be given is DO NOT INSTALL WADS (created by yourself or others), if you have no means to recover from a banner-brick!

I suggest Preloader, or starfall (3.2 Firmware required and TP-Hack installed).

GnatGoSplat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that makes sense, but I'm curious... I can see how a self-made wad file could have a bad banner in it, but why would that be the case in a wad that a developer wrote and made available, like mplayerwii? Don't the developers normally test these things first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1