zebragreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

When scanning with WebMan, it will 50/50 show the file name and 50/50 show the param.sfo title. So, I'm trying to fix it manually. I have my plugin memory maxed and PARAM.SFO title checked.

1. I put mygames.xml into XML formatter.
2. Edit the name of a game and put it back in /xmlhost/game_plugin/
3. No change.
4. I run the Webman command "/reloadxmb.ps3". (This doesn't rescan games, just reloads XMB list)
5. No change.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

When scanning with WebMan, it will 50/50 show the file name and 50/50 show the param.sfo title. So, I'm trying to fix it manually. I have my plugin memory maxed and PARAM.SFO title checked.

1. I put mygames.xml into XML formatter.
2. Edit the name of a game and put it back in /xmlhost/game_plugin/
3. No change.
4. I run the Webman command "/reloadxmb.ps3". (This doesn't rescan games, just reloads XMB list)
5. No change.
Psn or iso?

zebragreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How many games do you have? You may have to ask aldostools. I'm thinking it's something related to the plugin memory.
Only a few, it's probably because the titles are inside Param.SFO files which are inside .ISO files on an NTFS External Drive, so WebMan can't read them all and just scans about half.

Even so, I'm trying to bypass all that, to just edit the names in mygames.xml directly.

But how do you edit mygames.xml to show changes? It can't be plugin memory related, because if it's not reading them from mygames.xml, then where?

zebragreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Found the solution and putting it here for others:

1. Changes to mygames.xml only apply if all of your games are inside the WebMan Games folder, it doesn't work directly in the XMB.

2. There is a way to scan games so they always show the SFO title on an external NTFS. Install prepISO from the WebMan release section. Then in WebMan setup under Scan for Content uncheck dev_ntfs which is standard for using prepISO, and keep it unchecked always, then click Save at the bottom. Then in WebMan setup under Memory, click delete "wmtmp". Now you need to uncheck under Scan For Content the entire "Playstation 3" checkbox. This is the trick that gets it to work, and click Save at the bottom. Now run prepISO and run it without keeping cache, and wait for it to come back from the black screen. Now under WebMan setup recheck the Playstation 3 checkbox under Scan for Content, and click Save at the bottom. Finally along the top on WebMan setup click "Refresh XML" then when it finishes click "Reload XMB". It will now scan 100% of your ISO's with the SFO title instead of the filename.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?