How to edit .cia files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by guitarheroknight, Aug 25, 2015.

1. guitarheroknight
    OP

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    So I have a bunch of .cia VC games that I would like to edit for them to be fullscreen. Is there any tool which can achieve that?

2. MDashK

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    AFAIK, there is no VC "emulator" on the 3DS that can be editable nor have config files editable on this sort of configs...
    Then again... It's just what I know...

3. guitarheroknight
    OP

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Well there are VC games, and they got compiled into a .cia. My guess is there has to be a tool to edit them.

4. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    vc injection? there was a threat here somewhere about it, it worked for bg, gbc, nes, snes and alike... just gba was buggy, and there were some bugs, i don't know anymore. search for it some one around there were even 2 tools made.

5. MDashK

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    I was referring specifically to what you wanted: change configs to be fullscreen.
    There are injection methods for: GB/GBC, NES, GBA, GG, MD/GEN...
    I think SNES is not available... (blargSNES only (AFAIK), but that doesn't count in this case)
    And GBA uses the internal hardware of the 3DS, so it works pretty much like the original GBA, instead of emulation.
    But none of them can you edit configs of the emulator to run "fullscreen" or other options editable...
    There's always the "Start+Select" at boot up method to make them run with console borders or original pixel size in GB/GBC/GBA games, GG games that can be defined in the options of the emulator.. Other than that...