how to downgrade without wifi connection ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Anchobies, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Anchobies
    OP

Anchobies Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    how can i downgrade my nintendo 3ds fw 7.1 without using any wifi connection ? because i cant access wifi settings due to forgotten 4 pin parental code .. and japan wont help me with my problem because im not residing in japan .. TIA

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Can't you do a system format to remove the parental lock?

3. Anchobies
    OP

Anchobies Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    cant because it keep asking for parental control pin when accessing system format .. bought the 3ds at a local japan surplus store .. but still can't figure how to remove the pin .. nintendo japan wont help me and i dont know what to do anymore .. last resort is to sell it but i dont want that thanks for the reply

4. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Only other way I know of to remove it is neimod's parentool, but I don't think that works for 7.0+

5. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Have you set up a wifi connection in the past? If you can remember what it is, you can make a network with the same SSID and Password and Encryption, and the 3ds should connect to it.

That's all I got :/

6. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    I'm not sure since I have never been to a Nintendo Zone but I thought I read that 3DS auto logs into them. So if that is right maybe try going to a McDonalds and see if that would work.

7. michyprima

michyprima GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2014
    Italy
    Exactly. Set up home pass and you are on the net.

8. Anchobies
    OP

Anchobies Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    thanks for helping guys but in the end ive sold my nintendo 3ds LL and bought a regular one with 2.xx fw and im currently viewing tut videos how to install devmenu im having a hard time

9. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    There are programs that can generate a code to remove the parental lock...
    3DSExplorer, for instance. I think it should work on latest firmwares too.

10. Anchobies
    OP

Anchobies Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2010
    United States
    too late ive already sold my 3ds ive already lost hope anyway thanks for replying .. ive already tried all methods that i can google but it only support 6.xx below because of different algorithm .. lesson learned dont buy japanese 3ds with pincode if its fw 7.xx above